1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Place that sells Prius Decals?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Kev1000000, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

I want to make sure people know that my prius is a Gas/Eletric Hybrid :D

I've seen some pics with some cool decals on here, where do they sell them at?

Thanks guys!

2. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

How about right here at the Priuschat store?

Esther

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Paul Demmitt aka pjdemmitt will sell you a full set of stickers for your car for $15. He includes some for the bottom rear door edge that say "Prius" on top and Gas Electric Hybrid in smaller letters below that. He also includes a GasElectric Hybrid sticker for the little rear hatch window. And don't tell him I told you, but I think he throws in a couple other cool decals like a PriusChat.com sticker and a couple others--he did for me, and I don't think I'm that special.

He even includes a little rubber squeege and application instructions. I got mine in a week and had them on in 10 minutes.

Take a look at My Album to see what the gray stickers he sells look like on my Seaside Prius. If you search around you can find a number of available combintions of decal colors (he also has white or black besides the gray) posted on this site. Note that I don't really like calling my car 'gaselectric' so I took that part off of my decals and didn't use the one for the rear window. I prefer more subtle advertising of my Prius Hybrid.

4. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

thanks efusco, thats exactly what i was talking about! :)

5. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The official PriusChat decals will be available soon in the store. They'll be going out this week to our sponsors (fingers crossed).

6. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Hey all. New to this board. Been using priusonline.com for a while and now on both...

I guess I'm just curious what the fascination with the Prius and putting stickers on it seems to be... A LOT of the Prii I see on the roads... stickers. In pics online....stickers. Car of the Year, so Toyota mails out....STICKERS.

Am I the only person that owns a Prius that likes a nice clean look to my car? Keep in mind that it's not as though no one will know unless you put a sticker on it. Not too sure about the classic Prius, but on MY '04 at least, the bottom right corner of the liftgate has a blue and silver badge that says "HYBRID Synergy Drive"

Anyone care to explain what seems to be a phenomenon?

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Brad,
    Welcome to PriusChat. I think this is more or less a personal thing. Lots of people still ask me "is that one of those new hybrids" (immediately followed by either 1)"how do you like it", or 2)"Does it do Ok in traffic"?)

So, I did feel it would help to add the words Prius and Hybrid a little more prominantly. Also, I feel a bit smug about my car and kinda like to point out to people what it is that I'm driving.

If you look at the photos I linked to above you'll see that the lines are still pretty dang clean. No neon orange bumperstickers. My Ark. Razorback is pretty subtle, I picked the most subtle color for the Prius Hybrid decal and even cropped off some of the stuff Paul puts on it (gaselectric). But yea, I like having it on there.

If you like yours clean as a baby's butt, then go for it, I think that makes a statement too. Likewise, if someone wants to put a full size decal in pink that says Prius then let'em do it.

8. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I love your smiling shark logo

9. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Finding Nemo. And when I signed up for a Seaside #7, I decided I'd name it Bruce after I got it, because the shape of the Prius is very shark-like. I know cars are supposed to be female, but I'm breaking the tradition here. Now I'm getting a Tideland, but I think that's still a suitable color for a shark ;-).

Esther

10. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Thanks for the reply Evan. I looked at the pics on yours and it does look good, I guess I'm just a little more traditional about my cars. My dad drilled into my head that you "DO NOT put stickers on your cars...window clings MAYBE, but no stickers" and since my tint is as dark as it is, window clings are pointless. Until I saw your license plate frame, I wondered what the hell the pig was all about :lol: but that's kinda cool. Never knew they made things like that (was that specifically for a car, or did you mod it so it would work on your car?)
    Either way, I see your point, my dad just drilled it in at an early age.
    My Prius Car of the Year sticker from Toyota adorns my server book at work. Tables see it all the time and it's a great conversation bit. Talked to everything from people that NOW KNOW what the Prius is like, to people that own an 01 and finally got to know more about the 04. :)
    SO yeah, okay. That's it for now...

11. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a company that produces those things...and they're specific for cars. I should probably post the company name and address here sometime b/c they are very classy and tasteful, esp. for folks like you who are vehemently anti-sticker. I think every major college's decal is made by this company as well as a plethora of other designs...I think they'll even make custom ones.

12. bigtex

bigtex New Member

Evan,
    Cute little piggy.... (NOT) I had to eat some humble pie and by a steak dinner for a collaegue in Japan last year when the Hogs thumped my 'Horns. Bradca21- I'll can get you a classy Longhorn emblem if you wish. That goes for you too Evan.
    Peace and Love,
    Ryan

13. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL, anytime you wanna buy me a steak dinner I'll be glad to take your bet!! Man, way back in the SWC days were those HOGS/HORNS rivalry's something!!

14. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here is a picture of the gray stickers the I got from Paul. The standard set includes:
    • Driver side sticker
    • Passenger side sticker
    • 2 Large "Gas Electric Hybrid" stickers
    • 1 Small "Gas Electric Hybrid" sticker (same size as this text on the side stickers)
    • 4 Small "Prius" stickers (2 gray and 2 white)
    • 2 Small white "Priuschat.com" stickers

• The two "Stewardship Gen 1:28 Not Plunder" stickers were a special order that added less than Paul's quoted price for the standard set.

Like Evan, I removed the "Gas Electric" on the side stickers and used the special order sticker under the license plate.