1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prime owners in Nashville, Dallas/Ft. Worth or Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by MitchR, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MitchR

MitchR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am seriously interested in a Prime, but here in Nashville there's about no chance any Primes will arrive at dealers any time soon. I don't want to order one without driving or at least looking at one first hand. I live in Nashville, am travelling to Ft. Worth for Christmas and will be in Los Angeles in February. If anyone in those places has a Prime and would be willing to let me take a look at it, I'd be incredibly grateful. In Tennessee, we like to compensate good deeds with whiskey. Just saying...

bisco likes this.
  2. Shivam

Shivam New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi Mitch,

I saw your post on the Toyota Prius Prime. I work for one of the dealerships in the area and we have the only Prius Prime in Texas. Unfortunately that is a sold unit, so I can't sell it to anyone at the time, however, I do want to clarify that our Five State Region has told us to stop ordering the vehicle all together. I am going to find out some more information for you tomorrow to clarify!

Thanks and good luck finding your vehicle! prius prime.jpg

3. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What are the other 4 states?

4. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for sharing the info, looking forward to the clarification. Being in the Chicago area, there hasn't been one within 300 miles of us. My dealer only told me (a month ago) that they hadn't been released to my area yet. No other info was given. Seems strange not to release any to a large urban area....

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there are two at wellesley toyota if anyone is interested.

6. MitchR

MitchR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much. I appreciate any information you can share.

7. James Wells

James Wells Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you make out Austin, lat me know and you can drive mine. Just got last week. Had only driven 2016, so bought kind of blind. Better than the standard in all respects (except if u need 5 seats). My suggestion is go ahead with or without a drive if you like the standard Prius.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

MitchR likes this.
  8. JasonInDallas

JasonInDallas New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Lol. The Prius Prime was mine. I picked it up from Toyota of Richardson last night. Love the car.

Attached Files:

MitchR and Tyfly like this.
  9. Shivam

Shivam New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Nice color choice Jason! Thanks for choosing us by the way.

10. Shivam

Shivam New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Ordering will take time. No orders allowed by Toyota at this time.

11. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    On January 20, I'll be driving our Prime from Rhode Island to Huntsville AL. Depending on winter weather, I'll either be on I-81, Bristol-Knoxville-Chatanooga, or I-95. There is a possibility of a more westerly route if snow becomes an issue for both I-81 and I-95 routes.

If you want to send me a phone number via the 'conversation' thread, I'll ring it up IF I'm going through Nashville. Or if you can get a cheap seat to Providence RI, I could use a spare driver and have no trouble dropping you off at home. I can guarantee at least 500 miles of test drive in a base model Prius Prime.

Heck, I'll open it up. Anyone wanting an extended test drive in our base model Prius Prime on any route between New Kingstown RI and Huntsville, AL, send me a note. Understand I am looking for spare drivers so I'd like to let you cover a couple of hundred miles (no @bisco I won't take a side trip, I need spare driver.) I'd be happy to pickup a spare driver and drop them off at an airport, train, or bus station to return home or pick them up at some transportation station and drop them at home along the route.

Bob Wilson

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    as your consigliere, i'd advise you to review all your insurance policies before beginning your travels.;)

HPrimeAdvanced and Prius Maximus like this.
  13. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've posted this for a Jan 20, 2017 ride from North Kingstown, RI to Huntsville AL:

Starting early Friday morning, can pickup or drop off a licensed rider to share driving along either I-81 or I-95 to Atlanta or West via Columbus-Cincinnati-Louisville-Nashville. I am open to alternate routes. The gas is on me and split the tolls.

No smoking or vaping in a Prius with plenty of luggage space. We will be using cruise control with ~15 minute biology breaks roughly every couple of hours with driver change. Water, fruit, and non-crumb snacks OK. Expecting at least two driving shifts from rider.

I'm a 67 year old, Southern gentleman, severely married and headed home to wife. Prefer one rider/driver but parent-child are acceptable with your child seat.

Send cell phone number via e-mail and we will SMS coordinate.

That should do it: Rideshare in USA

Bob Wilson

14. geguia

geguia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Bob do you get paid picking up passengers on RIde Share? Generosity? Carpool?

15. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I doubt it and really don't care. They may get something for running the web site but that is not my business.

I'm looking for someone who can share the 1,000 mile, 16-18 hour drive. I can do it solo (have done it several times in the past) but it took 24 hours because I would take a nap in the car. Having a spare driver, I can cat-nap in the seat or the back which is all I need.

Breaking up a long trip into two hour driving sessions, a pair of drivers can cover a lot of miles.

Bob Wilson

#15 bwilson4web, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    jrodz09 likes this.
  16. Steve Lee

Steve Lee Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Portland Maine has two premium, with better pricing than other California and New England states dealers. Check website and contact Dominick. Problem will be getting either you personally driving or getting shipped by truck to your final destination and you registering/title in your state.

bisco likes this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what the latest?(n)