1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prime XSE+ owner hate their red-trimmed seats and red LED?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Hammersmith, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    This is the longest of long shots.

Just wondering if there's an XSE+ owner out there willing to trade seats and LED trim. I've got a red Limited with the heated rear seat option, and the blue LED strip looks a little out of place against the red paint. I was wondering if there's a Prime owner out there that feels the same way about their red LED and seats and would like to swap. I'm willing to drive quite a ways to do the swap(I'll turn it into a mini vacation somehow).

I'd prefer someone with the same option setup as it would make the whole job easier. For example, I could swap with someone with an XSE w/o ventilated seats, but that would mean swapping the ventilation components between seats as part of the swap. Same is true for the rear seat backs and the heated seat option. It's possible to swap just the seat covers, but it would be easier to swap the entire frame.

The cost for the swap would be around $300 per car, give or take a bit. The rear seat bottom and cover is not interchangeable between the Prius and Prius Prime. New seat covers for both cars would have to be ordered from Japan. They are just under $200 each, plus at least $50 for shipping. Figure a little extra if you want to have the cover swapped by a professional.

I'll bump this every month or so as more people get Primes.

2. GeoJ

GeoJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Although I am not crazy about the red-trimmed seats I do prefer them over the cloth. Question I would have, is how do you swap the red LED strip for blue?

3. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Seats: I was wondering if someone wanted to trade the red-trimmed SofTex seats in their Prime with the gray-trimmed SofTex seats from my Limited. Other than the color of the stitching and those red/orange panels, I believe the seats are identical(except the rear seat base as I mentioned before).

LED strip: It's a multi-hour process, but you disassemble parts of the dash until you get to that piece(it's called a garnish). Then it would just be a swap of the garnishes and reassembly. If someone only wanted to swap garnishes, I'd be okay with that and we'd just ship the parts to each other. With a little temporary reassembly work, the cars would be functional during the shipping period, they'd just look a little janky. For example, I don't think the climate control unit would have anything to latch into, so it would just be unsecured in it's spot in the dash until final reassembly.

I was just thinking the Prime owner would rather swap both LED and seats together as the blue LED might clash with the red-trimmed seats. Doesn't matter so much with me as the gray-trimmed seats are neutral enough to work with either blue or red LEDs.

GeoJ likes this.