1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any prius owners Age 25 or younger here???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by knownasmichael, May 12, 2007.

1. knownasmichael

knownasmichael New Member

It latest prius study seems to show that most buyers are older people, with alot of money, and with an above average education background. I think this is true and it makes sense because many of my younger friends only care about the looks of the car, how fast it can go, and how good they look in it while driving. Having said that...how many of you on these forums are 25 or younger???

by the way, Im 22 and just got my hybrid a month ago....im so in love with it.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i'm a male. 23. san jose, ca.

i purchased my 04 on june 10th. :) 70k miles minimal 40mpg average 45 to 50. i have a lead foot. :) i like it that way.

3. bnardone

bnardone New Member

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michael_prius @ May 12 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]440762[/snapback]</div>

In my experience you are correct. I'm part of a Corvette/Camaro racing club and most of them thought I was nuts for selling the C5 to get a Prius. Now 3 others are thinking about buying a Prius and 1 already did. They kept their Vettes though. lol

I'm 32 so I don't fit your post but I wanted to agree with you to an extent. There a re a lot of students who love my Prius but cannot afford it. Once they create a hybrid in the $15k msrp range more young people will be buying them I guarantee.

5. jeremyandmelissa

jeremyandmelissa New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's my first post ... one that compelled me to write in!
    I'm 22 and this is my first car to buy. (my husband is 28 though so he doesn't qualify)
    We are selling our 2002 Blazer for the Prius. Got 55 mpg on the last tank -- the tank was spent on a 54 mile roundtrip commute each day of which 50 miles were highway. Not to shabby when work reimburses me $.45 per mile :)

Thanks for the forum . . . we're learning a lot!

6. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I am 22, I dont own a prius though but a HCHII. Dont know if that counts

7. xxfwmxx

xxfwmxx New Member

I got my 2006 last January when I was 24 and am now 25. I have always had a truck or suv and could not stand my 10mpg I was getting in my Yukon. I love my Prius and the technology and the gas milage. I was up in asheville, nc this past weekend for a buddies wedding and in case you dont know this since most everyone on here is on the west coast, Asheville is full of hippie, organic, ecofriendly people. My fiance and I go up there every chance we get cause the mountains are beautiful...anyways im getting to my point now....we always see a lot of Prii up there so on saturday we decided to count them all. and all around this tiny mountain town in NC with a pop of about 125000 from 10am-7pm we couldnt 17 Prius's. With all kinds of drivers, but I did notice most were older and women. then the next day we drove up the blue ridge parkway to boone and counted another 10!! I thought it was awesome that more people are seeing that they need to make a change.

8. knownasmichael

knownasmichael New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon n @ May 12 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]440768[/snapback]</div>
    hey, i got it from this blog article.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/05/10/wh...think-they-are/

nice to see that alot of us youngsters care about the environment...and saving gas lol.

9. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Male, and I just turned 21 on April 26th!!! Happy Birthday to me!!!!

I bought my 07 Touring in February, and have loved every mile. can't wait to add the 09 Prius to my own little Hybrid Armada! :lol:

10. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 25, bought my in December when I was 24. My girlfriend is 22 and taking delivery of hers on Wednesday.

11. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

All right, I'm officially the youngest person here to own a Prius, so far. Got the '02 Prius last year when I was 19, turned 20 just a couple months back in March. Got it used, but at $15.5k with less than 30,000 miles on it, it was basically a no brainer.

12. rg3design.com

rg3design.com Junior Member

I was 25 when I bought my Prius back in '05 if that means anything.

13. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Aww, I just missed your cutoff--I'm 26.

I still have my old 4-wheelin' rig, but I figured if I'm going to drive on the street, I want to drive something with the least impact possible. I sold my '91 Integra 2-door for it. The Pri doesn't corner quite as well, but it's much nicer in every other department. I don't regret it at all!

I definately shouldn't be able to afford one, but I got a package #1 and am doing the 24month 0%. I just won't eat as much for the next two years!!

Eric

14. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tanglefoot @ May 13 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]441076[/snapback]</div>

eating is overrated anyways. Enjoy your prius :D

15. ewhanley

ewhanley New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I bought mine about a year ago. I am 26 now, but I was 25 at the time. I love it, and many of my friends that I never thought would want a Prius are considering one now. Though, if toyota (or anyone else) were to build a hybrid p/u I know a lot of people who would be interested.

16. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    24 here. Bought the car in 2005 when I got my first job out of college. Still madly in love with it!

17. Bendial80

Bendial80 New Member

26 here (close enough)

I'm not sure the "above average education background" is really relevant...a good education is no proxy for good common sense ... :p

18. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 24 now... I got my Prius when i was 23... so yeah...

19. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 13 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]441174[/snapback]</div>
    I used to be 25 does that count? I look 24 does that count?

20. heavenleigh

heavenleigh New Member

I'm 24 and I bought my Prius when I was 22. I'm sure that most new cars tend to have older owners just because of the income level required to afford them, especially so with the Prius since it is relatively high-priced for a new sedan (compared to Yaris, Civic, Corolla, Focus, etc). I have several friends that would love to have a Prius but just finishing graduate school doesn't exactly put them in the financial situation to go out and buy one :)