1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prius owners in SE Virginia

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by VABeachPrius, Nov 3, 2006.

1. VABeachPrius

VABeachPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are there any groups in SE Virginia, or is the closest group in northern VA or DC?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    There are a few of us in Richmond (and surrounding areas) and a couple more a little further West. I think we kind of fall under the NoVa/DC group.

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]343157[/snapback]</div>
    Of which I am one.

As Skwyre7 suggests, there doesn't seem to be any VA group other than NOVA.

4. xantiherox

xantiherox New Member

We are in Virginia Beach (and Blacksburg during school). Would love to meet up for a VA club day or something. Keep us updated.

5. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xantiherox @ Nov 14 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]539530[/snapback]</div>
    We've done two in the Richmond area, one last spring and one in September. Hopefully will do another next spring, and would love to have you join us if you're willing to make a drive east (or west if you're home).

Interestingly, despite the larger population centers (and almost certainly, greater Prius numbers) in Tidewater and NoVA, there has been little to no interest in meetups in either place. So we central Virginians have stepped up to the plate on behalf of the entire Commonwealth. ;)

6. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 14 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]539559[/snapback]</div>
    Greater numbers indeed. If I want to meet up with other Prius owners I just walk down the hall to chat with my co-workers.

7. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nybiker @ Nov 14 2007, 04:22 PM) [snapback]539605[/snapback]</div>
    Oops, I should have said there's been little to no interest expressed here. Obviously your impromptu meetups do the trick for you! :p

8. xantiherox

xantiherox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 14 2007, 03:41 PM) [snapback]539619[/snapback]</div>

I have to admit, We just bought our Prius and we not even aware of this website until we couldn't get our Homelink to work (still haven't) and googled it.

Does this forum allow for compilations of members according to their locations? I know some other forums frown on it, but it would be nice to be able to send a VA group email.

We wouldn't mind driving east (or west), at least one of us does every week and passes through rva anyway.

Any Hokie alums? Maybe a Prius only Tailgate? Maybe a VT vs UVA Tailgate party?

9. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xantiherox @ Nov 15 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]540017[/snapback]</div>
    Stay tuned then for the next meetup notice.

I don't know of any such compilation functionality.

PC member Green Hokie is in this area. He's been active in our meetups, and is fairly active in the forums. Haven't heard from any Prius 'Hoos around these parts. As for me, I am simply a fan of Virginia schools and cheer them both-- no allegiance to one over the other. When they play later this month ... who knows?? :blink:

10. davidtm

davidtm Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there! I'm in C'ville, and see tons of Prii here, but hardly anyone here on PC. I'll check this thread out along with my other regulars to see what develops. :)

DM

11. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David T M @ Nov 15 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]540350[/snapback]</div>
    Hhmm, can a Hoo-ville resident and Hokies peacefully coexist? ;)

12. xantiherox

xantiherox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 15 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]540358[/snapback]</div>
    I think they can exist mildly peaceful (lol). Well, as long as those Hoos don't ruin our BCS bid..

Any architects in the house? I'm getting my masters of architecture and would love to talk shop (kind of lonely up here in the mountains).

13. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Does building a house of cards once count as being an architect?

14. alash

alash New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    NEW OWNER!
    '08, Red, bought from Haley Toyota in Midlothian (Richmond area).
    We drove over from Hampton Roads and were very impressed with the whole team there, beginning with Andrew Williams.