1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prius Proselytizers out there?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by hill, Apr 11, 2008.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    This Sunday, my car-pool partner is going to be trading in his 6 cylinder, 18mpg, Black 2000 Jeep SUV, for a Metalic Grey, '08 Package 6 Prius !! I'm so proud, I feel like I just gave birth (wiping away tear) :lol:
    It begs the question, how many other folks were kinda instrumental in winning over a convert to a prius, rather than just any ol' high mpg car? Soon he'll be adicted to PC, too ... muahahahahaha

2. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I converted myself. Well, I still have my 3 gas guzzlers (1 that requires premium). I just decided I wanted to limit the amount of $$$ I send over seas on foreign oil by buying the most fuel efficient vehicle I could find and limit the use of my other vehicles. Now I drive my Prius just about everywhere and some of my vehicles aren't used for weeks at a time. I've found the Prius is one of the most entertaining vehicles to drive with all the gadgets so I'm more than happy. In fact I even prefer it on road trips over my larger fullsize SUV particularly when carrying passengers as the Prius has more rear leg room.

Mike

3. BoisePrius

BoisePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Another self-converter here. 3 months ago I probably would have classified myself a a Prius hater, now I'm an owner. For me, it was a simple matter of economics, we were already in the market for a high-miler commuter car and the Prius just began to make more and more sense as the numbers didn't lie. Now, as an owner, I consider the Prius one of the coolest cars I have ever owned, even above BMW's, I'm a convert, what can I say?

4. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My daughter converted me. She bought her Mag Gray in March of 07 and six months later when my Miata bit the dust I bought my 08 Spectra Blue in Sept 07.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Awwh heck, I just noticed I put this post in the newbie forum & meant to put it in the main forum. oh well ...

6. Marvinh

Marvinh Marvin

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I was converted by a cousin in California (I live in NY). He has a 2001 and on a visit a couple of years ago, he let me drive it quite a bit. I was impressed.

So there 'ya go! Marvin