1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Prius software updates or hacks?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by BoHenriksson, Aug 25, 2007.

1. BoHenriksson

BoHenriksson New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Had my 2006 in at the dealer for a safety recall the other day and asked them if they knew if there had been any software updates on this model. They said no, but didn't sound really sure. Did Toyota REALLY get it right from day one? Every other computer (I include my Prius in that category!) I've had has gone through a series of software and firmware updates/upgrades to fix bugs and add functionality within months, if not weeks or days!

Has there been any significant hacks to the software? An obvious one that comes to mind is to cancel the regen-mode when you come off the gas to make pulse and glide a whole lot easier.

Also, on a different subject, I've also in the past thrown a bottle of el cheapo injector cleaner in the tank just to keep it safe in case I've come across some bad gas somewhere. Is this still safe with the Prius and its rubber bladder. And, you might argue, is it even necessary....

Thanks!

2. crypter

crypter New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BoHenriksson @ Aug 25 2007, 02:16 PM) [snapback]502109[/snapback]</div>
    I'd be curiuos about the answers to these questions as well - anyone?

3. mxvet

mxvet humble

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crypter crypter @ Aug 26 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]502425[/snapback]</div>

What safety recall?????

4. BoHenriksson

BoHenriksson New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Replacing a steering shaft that could break on certain affected vehicles, mine is a 2006.
    Must have been a pretty major surgery, took the dealer the whole day to fix it.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd love to see a software change on the MFD that puts the energy display switch on the right side of the screen in right hand drive cars.

6. Bear68

Bear68 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BoHenriksson @ Aug 27 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]502683[/snapback]</div>
    Huh?? All humility aside, I can slap a steering shaft into a Prius in about 15 minutes.... Warranty on that SSC pays only .9. A little more if they need to do an alignment. (Align is only neededif the tech doesn't watch what they are doing and let the steering wheel turn a little or if the steering wheel was off center prior to the repair)

Steering shaft (SSC 60C if my memory serves me) replacement only requires a Phillips head screwdriver and a 12 mm socket.

Piece of Cake. B)