1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any problems in a normal car wash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FishHawk, Sep 12, 2006.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

Anyone have any problems in a normal car wash ......the kind with the rubber brushes and towel like device and your Prius? I would remove the antenna as suggested. What about the wheel guide and problems with the car hanging up? Thanks FishHawk

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's like a normal car. Just wash it like you would any other car. The wheel guides is an interesting problem I haven't thought about but I have heard no problems with them.

The car won't "hang" when wet and more/less then a normal car would. None of the batteries are exposed (they are sealed under the rear seats).

Speaking of which... I should really clean my car this weekend.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Howdy FishHawk...

As for the antenna, one of my very first modifications was to purchase a "stubby" antenna (In my case 2") to allow for carwash problems. I notice no decreased radio reception around the Dallas metroplex, but replace the stubby with the original whip when driving cross-country.

My Dealer always runs my Prius through an automatic carwash after service and even with the standard antenna installed, I've never had any problems. My principal reservation is that "carwash jockeys" in many instances simply do not know how to drive the Prius and require instructions. Mostly, I wash my '04 Prius by hand.