1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any recommendations on replacing the Hybrid Battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ldome, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ldome

ldome Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

It appears that I am going to have to replace the hybrid battery in my 2007 (122K mile) Prius. The codes are reading with problems with the battery and the transmission.
    I have not been noticing any transmission problems, so this make me think that the problems with the hybrid battery are causing problems in other areas.

Does anyone have a recommendations for replacing the battery in the Central Florida (Orlando) area?
    What is everyone thoughts on the companies like Greenbean Battery, Hybrid Battery Experts? Services that come to your location and replace the battery for the advertised about $1500.

I have a feeling that going to the Toyota dealership will cost far too much than I want to pay.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and guidance! I could really use some help!

All the best.

PriusCamper likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    green bean has some reviews here, but most would advise against rebuilt, so you are taking some risk with warranty and downtime.

call todd at tampa hybrids for some good advice, he is a member here and a straight shooter. i would be careful about spending the money on a battery with multiple codes.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Who's reading the codes, a dealership? It doesn't hurt to ask them for details regarding hybrid battery replacement.

There's likely a cash-and-carry, do-your-own-install price with one year warranty, and a "core charge", refunded when you give them the old battery. If they'll even do it. Or fully installed price, no hassles, no core charge, and a 3 year warranty.

Even though the latter adds maybe $1200, that's the route I'd go, for various reasons.