1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

any reports studies on maintenance/battery costs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by zmre2b, Jan 12, 2006.

1. zmre2b

zmre2b Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know about the Canadian taxi. There are few reports of hybrid buses having lower maintenance costs but is there anything else?

they could use some education on what is otherwise a good forum at:

fatwallet hybrid thread

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Too lazy to register to their forum. :p you are right they do need some education about the Prius if not for hybrids.

I have had our two Prius for 1 yr now and maintenance costs have been just under $60 ea for 3 oil changes (16k miles). She uses conventional oil and I bring in synthetic to the oil change place so I do not get charged $60 a change.

I replaced my F250 for it so it saved me about $340 in oil changes for 16k miles. The wife replaced her Honda Civic so she saved about $$120 (manual said 3k miles per oil change interval). Probably save more to do it yourself but too lazy.

They have some $12 shops around here but after going there we found oil on the side of the car and oil finger prints on the steering wheel.

Forgot to add $50 for fixing the brakes, something about them rubbing. The wife dealt with it while I was away on a trip. He mileage jumped from 48 to 54 after that fix though.

3. QED

QED New Member

Oh man................fatwallet hybrid thread.................bad vibes! :blink: