1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Samsung Epic (Galaxy) phone users with Gen II Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ualdriver, Sep 1, 2011.

1. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Is there anyone here who has a Samsung Epic (I think they're considered Galaxy phones too) that they have been able to pair to their Gen II Prius? I just got this Epic phone yesterday, and for the life of me can't get it paired to the car. My Evo paired fine, but not this Epic!!!! I keep getting some sort of error message that says check pass code or something like that. I got the phone paired to a bluetooth headset, so I think it is something with the Prius....but I'm not sure.

Anyway, if anyone has had any luck or has some ideas, let me know. Thanks!

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    My Galaxy S or Google S paired with no problem. When you first pair it you DO have to enter the passcode (which the Prius tells you). After that it pairs up every time I press "ON" (go to "ready").

3. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmmmm.....OK. I can't even get to the point where the phone will let me enter a password.

Do you happen to remember the steps you used and at what point you entered the password on the phone? I am following the steps in the Prius' instruction manual but I can't even get to the point where the phone asks to enter that 1111 password. All of my other phones have paired fine.

4. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    And to solve my own thread......I get out to the car today and it pairs fine. I haven't a clue as to why it wouldn't pair yesterday after multiple attempts and it does today.