1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any seafood lovers?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This joke only works when spoken. Not when written. I always used to say that I loved "C" food: Celery, cabbage, corn, cucumbers, carrots...

"C" food... "sea"food... get it? :)

3. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 2 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]416385[/snapback]</div>
    Boo hiss! :p

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

There has been a significant increase in seafood-borne illness worldwide. Ciguatera has always been a threat with reef fish, which is why I generally only eat pelagic fish (as much as I like grouper). But the damage to coral reefs from increased ocean temperatures has been well-established, and this is one of the results. In the U.S., other seafood-related illness is much more prevalent (mainly paralytic and neurotoxic shellfish poinsoning). Over the last decade, a particular threat has been blooms of Pfiesteria, a toxin-producing dinoflagellate that causes fish kills and health problems in humans. The incidences of Pfiesteria are directly linked to disharge of nutrients (nitrogen) in estaurine waters from waste-water treatment plants and agricultural runoff.

5. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Shrimp, scallops, tilapia, orange roughy, ahi tuna, yellowfin tuna, shark, lobster, crabs, mahi-mahi, flounder, sea bass, swordfish, cod, whiting, haddock, halibut, brook trout...love them all. (Cannot handle salmon in any form, though--I keep trying, and keep gagging.)

I also love raw oysters. However, I've been a little scared of eating them recently. And everytime I eat sushi or seared tuna, I get a little paranoid. Hasn't stopped me, though. I wonder if I still think I'm bulletproof like I did in college?

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 2 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]416385[/snapback]</div>
    Most people I know are on a 'see' food diet. They see food and they eat it. :)

Most of the seafood I eat is Sockeye salmon, shrimp, and clams. I eat less than I used to, because the populations seem to be declining so rapidly.