1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Suggestions for Prius mechanics near Twin Cities, Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by greenJeans7, Aug 5, 2021.

1. greenJeans7

greenJeans7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Any suggestions for Prius mechanics here in the Minneapolis / St. Paul Minnesota area?

I have a 2013 Prius with possible head gasket issues, based on what I've learned from reading the forums here.

Car was fine until recently the engine sometimes misfired / shook badly when starting hot, which I figured was contaminated gas, then went away after gas was used up / replaced.

Hasn't misfired since then so that's why I'm thinking contaminated gas (water in the gas) was the cause of the misfire, and that this misfiring was likely the cause of the blown head gasket as well.

Engine is using coolant but nothing leaking on floor.
    Losing maybe pint or so every 1000 miles.
    After sitting overnight there's pressure buildup in coolant reservoir, and it has a slight odor of gas/oil when it comes out.
    Oil is not milky white however so may just a small leak.
    Engine has 240,000 miles on it with regular maintenance. No problems up until now.
    Oddly, the gas mileage is about the same as it always was.

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Maybe @strawbrad knows someone in your neck of the woods;).

Good luck with the work(y).