1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Mar 18, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey everyone...

Now that my new 'baby' has arrived, I decided to take a trip to the store and get a sun shade (my car's black) and some seat covers (tan interior), along with a few car-wash items so I can wash it as frequently as I see fit at home.

I was looking at the seat covers, then at the seats, and realized there is probably going to be some conflict if the side airbag has to deploy. Are there specialized seat covers out there or do i just have to slit a hole in the ones I got earlier today? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Rumply

Rumply New Member

I know that I've seen stores online that sell seat covers made specifically for the prius with the side curtain airbags. They also sell ones for the same model year without the side curtain at the same price.. so there must be a difference there.

I'm sure a vet will pass through and lay the blessing of true wisdom upon the thread... but I'll put in my 2 cents in the mean time.

3. agile pagile

agile pagile New Member

GT Seatcovers are the best

4. prius4us

prius4us New Member

I ordered covers from gtcovers.com with the side airbag option. I have a picture of how they address the side airbag issue. Take a look at my post about my experience with installing seat covers from gtcovers and look for the link to my album:

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/leatherett...com-vt7022.html

5. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

In addition to GTCovers which I have seen in person and look terrific, I just found another source via ebay for seatcovers that are custom made for our little gems and also accommodate the airbags. I have not seen their seatcovers in person but the price for a full set is very reasonable.

You can find them by searching either Prius on ebay or looking up seatcoverfactory on ebay (the seller's ebay id). They are selling the full front and back set with headrest covers for $110. They have either tan or dark grey.

I will be getting seatcovers for my car as soon as finances allow and am considering trying these folks out. Their feedback score is respectably high so I am pretty sure that what they are selling is good quality well made stuff.

You might also take a trip down to your local (or not so local, you do have a Prius after all) Target store to find other accessories for your beloved. Things like a nifty headrest mounted trash bag/tissue box holder for a whopping $4.99. And a really nice folding cargo tote that comes in black, grey or tan for $9.99 for the small to $14.99 for the large. Both look great and are significantly cheaper than the dealer's offerings.

Also, I just bought a bumper applique from a seller by the name of deland_toyota for $26.99. This is actually the bumper applique that was designed for the corolla but will fit fine, work well and is $40 cheaper than the dealer. Also came in really fast (2 days).

They also have mudflaps available. I have a set on my car, not purchased from them but genuine Toyota Prius accessories that were custom painted to match my car, (see album for pictures of flaps and trash bag) and they really do a good job of protecting the car from debris. You do pick up a minute amount of drag but I think that it is a small price to pay to protect the car.

Now if I could just find a good inexpensive source for the bug deflector...

Oh, and most of the folks around here seem to swear by the Mr. Clean auto dry car wash system. I have not tried it yet (we have been getting mother nature inspired car washes just about weekly of late here in California) but will get one as soon as the rain stops long enough for me to use it.

BTW, you might also consider keeping a spray bottle filled with plain old water and a clean cloth secreted in one of the many cubby's this car has just in case you need to do an emergency clean up on upholstery or other interior components. Water seems to be the best thing to use. Just don't soak your carpet according to the manual...bad...very bad.

Take care and enjoy your wonderful car,

Tisza