1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any tips on seat cover installation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Sep 9, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I just purchased the $59 Prius seatcovers off Ebay and am dreading trying to put them on, by myself? Any of you who have done this, do you have any tips to make it easier? Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Sep 9 2006, 11:55 AM) [snapback]317035[/snapback]</div>
    And, since I got the ones for side airbags, and don't have those airbags, is that going to cause a problem?

2. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Sep 9 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]317035[/snapback]</div>

I haven't got that set, but the Wet Okole's are quite easy to put on, and I can't see other kinds being any harder. Just take of the headrest and slide 'em on. There should be straps or something to hold the bottom part on. Those tuck under the seat very easily. As for the airbags, the covers usually have a hole in the side or a rip-away seam where the airbags are. Putting them on a non-airbag seat should be a non-issue.

Any particular areas you're worried about?

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    See this thread:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16631&st=0

Fshagan had some nice pictures showing the install. Unfortunately, they (and the other attachments in this thread) were apparently lost when PriusChat was hacked into a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he will be able to re-take them, as he suggests in the last message in the thread.

Meanwhile, the information in the thread likely will still help. Those of us who have bought them discuss several issues, including a heads-up about, and workaround for, an issue several of us encountered with the Velcro on the front seat back piece.

I can't answer your question about seat covers designed for air bags being used in cars without them. As you can see in the thread, I was able to get covers without the air bag cutout. I think it was fshagan that said it shouldn't make any difference, but I suggest you read the entire thread (I didn't before pasting the link), since several posters had comments about the subject.

Good luck,

Jim

4. harper42

harper42 Member

[Thanks for the link to the earlier discussion. Wish I could have seen the pic.s; but the discussion was helpful. Actually, now I'm more worried than before about getting them on so they'll stay in place, especially on the bottom of the seats. Gotta get them on though. The grandkids aren't real careful about cookie crumbs, etc. Can't have chocolate chip crumbs on my actual seats!!

5. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Maybe I should have mentioned that the install on the fronts was fairly easy, after figuring out the workaround for the Velcro issue. I haven't tried to install the rear ones yet. I don't often have rear seat passengers, so there's no urgency. I assume, though, you're especially interested in those. Presumably that's where your grandchildren ride, especially if they're of the age to generate cookie crumbs! :)

Jim