1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any updates on the 2009???

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Hube01, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Hube01

Hube01 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I've been looking hi and low and can't seem to find any update on the 2009. I know from here and on the web that there will be some changes, but still looking to see one.lol As much as I want to order one, just can't seem to spend 25-30K without looking at a picture....lol Maybe it's just me.

I'm also very interested in the Camry. Any advice? Any updates??

Jay
    Connecticut

2. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    advice=read other posts on same subject
    updates=same as above

3. chrisspaulding

chrisspaulding sexy, high tech, fun

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I 2nd lefat1

When you start a thread, PC will auto-suggest similar threads. For sure you saw one already populated with this info?

p.s. If you have not bought a Prii yet, buy the 2010 in April 2009. It's the next Gen Prii (gen3). The 2009 is still the 2004 tech of GenII.

4. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey there, Hube01,

It's step-dad here. Glad to see you became part of this site & are contributing with posts, but you need to also heed the advice of others here (in your other thread) who are trying to help you also. I don't think the April 2009 date Chris is talkg' about is realistic. I think that's either the date they will start production of the new model or the earliest the new model will arrive in the USA on the west coast. Either way, I don't think you will see one of them on the east coast until mid to late summer & with everybody eagerly await'g the next generation you better believe there will be long wait'g lists again (just like in '04 & '05), so you'd better sign up early or you'll be in the same boat all over again as you are now with high demand & high prices & not enough cars to go around.

The problem with that plan to get the next (un-proven) generation is that it usually takes a year or 2 to work the bugs out of a new model, so if you get one you'll likely become a guinea pig. I'll bet in the late winter or early spring there will plenty of the '09's available (maybe with good deals too as they start push'g them to make room for the 2010 next generation). I would go for one of those 09's with the proven technology. If you get the Honda Accord (you mentioned in your other thread) just as an interim car until then & dump it for a more fairly priced '09 (or the 2010 if you must), you're probably going to take a sizable depreciation hit (where is the financial return in that?) when you trade it in.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)