1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any way to edit the phonebook once its transferred?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kev1000000, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Kev1000000

Kev1000000 New Member

I need to switch a few numbers and change a few things, can i do it via the MFD or do i have to make the changes on the phone and re-transfer the whole thing?

For some people, i have both cell phone and house numbers stored on my phone, but the prius only uses the house number and for some people, i only want it to use the cell number...

Any suggestions?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    99.9% sure it can only be done on the phone and retransfered.

3. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I tried a few things, including accessing the utility Bluetooth screen, but no-go.

Unfortunately, you must do the editing on the phone, with separate entries for
    John K Office
    John K Home
    John K Cell
    etc.

fyi, there's someone working on a patch for that but I worry that a hack will create more problems than it solves.

4. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Phonebook errors

When I installed my phonebook, I accidentally did it 2 times so I had 2 entries for every person. It wasn't too dificule to delete the 2nd set.

You have to press "Delete" and THEN HIGHLIGHT THE NAME AND NUMBER to be deleted.
    Sounds backwards but that's the way to do it.It will also ask you if you are sure you want to delete the entry.