1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any way to get out dash scratches?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priusmatty, Jul 14, 2016.

1. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Somehow, I have developed some scratches on the plastic underneath the open, passenger-side storage compartment. Picture attached. I am not sure how they got there, but since it is a new care, they irritate the heck out of me lol. Any idea how I might be able to get rid of these? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    That's going to be difficult IMO.

Here what I'd try in this order.
    Interior detail spray..one with soft rag in directions of scratches.
    Lemon Pledge (furniture cleaner not joking).
    Silicon grease with an Q Tip
    Small foam polisher...last resort as this may make it worse forcing a replacement.
    As a final resort I'd take sand paper to it, yet then you some how need to get the grain/ texture and gloss/ sheen back into it and I don't think that would work.
    Those are my thoughts.

Best I think you may get is adding a little "make up" to cover it, yet it may still be noticeable.

Maybe place a Prius sticker or pinstripe design over it/ repaint then entire panel?

Else you'll have to replace if it "bugs" you.

If the scratches came from your shoes when exiting the car....it happens to all of us with any car.

Enjoy your ride!

3. priusmatty

priusmatty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Thanks for that advice. I will try the furniture polish first. I think they come from my keys in my hand, when I put my wallet into the dash compartment. I will give some of those a try and let you all know. Thanks!

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If there's a drvinyl.com franchise near you, it might be interesting to ask them for a quote. I'd be interested in what they say.

They have a franchisee near Indianapolis whom I found hard at work in the used lot of a Toyota dealer ... he was the guy they hired to fix similar stuff up. He was equipped to recreate the grain of grained plastic.

-Chap

priusmatty likes this.