1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any way to have options added after purchase?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Thalador, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Thalador

Thalador New Member

I just bought a 2004 Prius used. LOVE IT! :D The one thing I wish is that I had gotten the NAV system with it. Is there any way for the dealership to add it on as an accesory? If so, has anyone done this and have an idea of price?

Thanks!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope. Your only option now is a portable type like Garmin or Magellen's

3. rookie

rookie New Member

WHat about something like VSC? I was not willing to wait for Package 4 Prius (very rare in Texas) so I ordered package 3 - my guess is that VSC is disabled in software rather than it's a different ECU unit. Any ideas?

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Nope, not just a disabled piece like the alarm was. You need a steering position sensor, and a yaw rate sensor (which is practically an ECU under the console), as well as the harness for both.

5. kenworthey

kenworthey New Member

How about BlueTooth--is it possible to get that aftermarket?

6. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Only options to add are dealer optinos, like dimming rear-view mirror, or CD Changer, etc. Nothing that involves ripping the guts of the car apart!

7. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Someone might have a bluetooth device to intercept a speaker. Won't work with the MFD though, that's in the NAV.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it is but it's expensive ~$200 for a control pad that allows you to send/receive calls. I think it has speakers on it too.

9. Craig0812

Craig0812 New Member

Thalador,

I did not get the navigation system either, but you can buy a much cheaper navigation system at Best Buy or Circuit City. I live in Houston, Texas, so I'm going to go to a place called Car Toys because the "make-ready" department at the dealership where I bought my car at uses them for installing radios, etc. You could have the navigation system mounted somewhere close to your other controls and it would work the same way..just a suggestion.