1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any way to update stock audio system to sound better / louder

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Branchingout3, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Branchingout3

Branchingout3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Is there any way to make the stock audio system sound better? I have the touch screen and want to leave it but I am getting deafer by the minute and I like to drive with the windows open. I would like it louder and sounding better. I'm afraid that if I just install better speakers the head unit won't be capable of taking advantage of the upgrade. Also, I would like it to be louder. Any suggestions?

2. Drakxyfly

Drakxyfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    It's not simply about changing the speakers it's about getting a more sensitive speaker. You want something with a sensitivity in the 90s which basically leaves you with Kicker, Hertz and a couple other options. I have Hertz for the front four speakers and love them. I had Kenwood in the Camry they were nice too. Much better than factory.

3. Branchingout3

Branchingout3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Still looking for an answer. Summer is here and I'd like a better sounding and louder music machine. Thought I'd give the thread a bump and see if anyone has any advise?

Drakxyfly likes this.
  4. Drakxyfly

Drakxyfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE