1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody buy from tirerack online - any tips for finding local shop to install ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jeff63, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Jeff63

Jeff63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, any tips for not getting 'sold' more than we need - like TPMS rebuild when there is no leak, etc. ?

Will local tire shops match tirerack's prices?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    iirc, i think they will line you up with a local shoppe.

3. Jeff63

Jeff63 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. Yeah, I found a local shop in town who has told us installation would be 80 for the tires....but I know they like to tack on things like TPMS rebuild, etc., and just wondered what to expect when we actually go in. For example, if we go in to have our tires installed are we going to expect to pay extra because we're not buying tires from the onsite shop, etc.

4. itengineer

itengineer Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Try Sams or Costco. their prices are about the same as tirerack. Also, they constantly run promos for $60-$80 off purchase of 4 tires. Plus you can special order any tire out there.

5. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I generally use TireRack.com for my Prius tires. I use a reputable installer and there is no funny business except there is a installation charge, so you have to factor that in. Some areas eg California seem to have great discount tire stores that they use instead of TireRack but we don't have those stores here in the NorthEast.