1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody buy these Brand NEW Headlights-only $100 EBAY

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ski.dive, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I bought headlamps through them for my wife's Santa Fe about 3 or 4 years ago. They aren't OEM quality, but they fit fine and still look pretty good. Just be sure you have halogen lights, not HID. If you have the driving/fog lights then you also have the HID headlamps, which won't work with the ones in your link.

Always keep in mind, you get what you pay for, but you also don't get what you don't pay for.

SFO likes this.
  3. DMC-5180

DMC-5180 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like that analogy

I’ve seen headlight housings so bad they should be illegal to drive with. Aftermarket assemblies for older vehicles are generally quite affordable $85 -$150 in pairs most of the time. But I also realize what I view as reasonable and affordable may not be to the person that owns the vehicle.

My last Car deer hit required a new front left assembly (aftermarket). When I got the car back from the body shop, I couldn’t believe the clarity difference from the new housing and the other side 9 year old OEM. I opted to replace it. So they both looked NEW. There are at least 8 gen 2 prius in the parking lot at my work. You can really see aging of the light housings. My car looks New in comparison.

iPhone X ?

4. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Aftermarket head lamps are always a quality crapshoot. Many genuine OEM Toyota parts dealers list the G2 headlights for $133 each. for the extra $66/pair, I'd take Genuine Toyota headlights over reproduction units any day of the week.

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $140 at Olathe for the halogen units - the HID units are $280.

edthefox5 likes this.