1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody install these aftermarket SMOKE color headlights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ski.dive, Nov 15, 2023.

1. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [​IMG]
    Anybody install these aftermarket SMOKE color headlights? prius headlights.jpg

#1 ski.dive, Nov 15, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Not this exact brand I use an Asian brand I want to say it might be tyo something like that I have a Prius that has a smoked set of those and the lens covers the smoked part is very cheap and you've got to keep them clean and lubricated or something plastic protector on them so on and so forth in one year if you're not very careful with them they will be fog You can push in the center of these things and see the flex of the cheap clear plastic it is not lexan or polycarbonate It is cheap plastic or as on the original Prius headlights you'll break your finger trying to push in the center of the headlight and see any flex The whole car will roll back maybe but they look really good and if you have the luxury of parking in the shade or a garage and you're not parked at work out in the bright sun all day long they could be a good option You will not be doing any sanding or heavy cleaning on these bad boys they won't stand for it you'll go right through the plastic and have a hole but for 116 bucks. I generally try to super clean all the original halogen factory lamp assemblies that I can get my hands on and keep them put up in the shed If I want them tinted I can have my wrap guy. Put about any color wrap on the headlights and if it's done properly it'll stay on a long time. Course that stuff is made to change like your underwear that's why it exists.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Combine with heavy window tint. Don't neglect the windshield. (y)

Tombukt2 likes this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    They actually look good during the daytime and if you've got the bright bulbs aimed correctly they're reasonable at night they're not so dark that they make the light appear to be lesser so that's why the kids kind of like them kind of updates the car a little bit if you will but they're very cheap You know the plastic covering the lenses like I said is really not up to par but like most of these things if you're doing this you're going to do this every 24 months or something like that anyway you'll get bored and be ordering more stuff and so on and so forth so have at it keep the car aftermarket parts business alive and well.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I looked at those when I was going to switch to Halogens and repaint my car black....but then sold the car.
    They were never in stock....so I kinda gave up.