1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anybody waiting for a Prius receive a 4th letter from Toyota

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gwilliams, Jul 3, 2004.

1. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Folks,

In the snail mail today, I received another "thanks for waiting" letter from Toyota dated July 1. It mentions no specifics about wait times, production, etc., only that they know the wait times are excessive, yadda yadda. I'll have to diff it with the one I received on 4/30. I think it may be identical except for the date.

This is the fourth correspondence I've received from them. In order, they are as follows:

Keychain w/card/letter
    Price increase/$300 rebate letter
    Thanks for waiting #1
    Thanks for waiting #2

Anyone else received four (or more letters) before receiving a Prius? (Note I'm not counting each of the three keychains I've received so far. I'm counting them as only one "unique" correspondence.)

Glenn

P. S. Sometimes I wonder if they spent as much building Prii as they do mailing letters, if the wait times would be shorter. :p

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Re: Anybody waiting for a Prius receive a 4th letter from To

As do I. But, I can't complain any longer since I have my car. Anyway, for the record, I've received more mail from Toyota in the last 6 months than from all of my out-of-town relatives combined.

3. rayben

rayben New Member

More Toyota Letters

I have received the same correspondence from Toyota...also waiting for Black Package #9. Ordered early March.

Ray

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I also recived all four of those letters. Two weeks later I got [Broken External Image]:http://www.smailiki.nm.ru/ero/ero5.gif by Vandergriff. I pray your dealer treats you much better.

5. ggarb

ggarb Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't gptten any letters...

I've had my BC on order from Sunnyvale Toyota since March.
    I'm now number 43 on their total waitlist, down from 101 when
    I ordered.

I haven't ever gotten a letter from Toyota.

/Gordon

6. LeStarTech

LeStarTech New Member

I have also had my order in since March, and I have received the same 4 items so I guess I am on track still. I do like knowing that Toyota corporate is aware of ME and I am in the system. Saw the dealership this past saturday, now I am down to #39 on a list of #139, still looking at a 2005 in late september/early october they say. I was concerned that my salesman is no longer at the Toyota dealership :( but he was transferred to the new Scion dealership down the block and the SAY he will take care of all of existing Prius orders (that could be another year! ) in the meantime, any new orders are being handled by a new guy. For now....I have other project to focus on, like getting my new garage built before my Prius arrives :) At least it keeps me busy so I don't think about how long a wait this will be...... lets see....February I was looking at them....March I ordered.....and still another 4 months to go? LOL

7. Batavier

Batavier Member

I received a letter from Toyota here in the Netherlands stating that due to the popularity of the car a nasty side effect was: longer deliviry times and that my dealer would contact me with more information. Funny thing is, the dealer already had done so last week... :D

8. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: I haven't gptten any letters...

Gordon,

You've probably already gathered this from other threads on PriusChat, but if not...

If you've never received correspondence from Toyota, it most lilkey means your dealer did not enter your order in their CIRS (?) system, and that Toyota Corporate isn't aware of you as a customer. You might wish to follow up with them to find out if they haven't submitted your order to corporate (and if not, why not).

Also, if you ordered before 3/10/2004, you should be in for a $300 rebate, but only if Toyora Corporate has you in the system....

FYI and FWIW,
    Glenn

9. gwilliams

gwilliams New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    While I haven't received the price gouging treatment from them yet, the Cow-lumbus dealer is trying to extort more deposit money from their waiting list. They're asking for another $1000 to remain on the list.

I reminded them of the signed, and approved purchase contract I had with them, and of the terms and conditions that were in effect when they accepted my contract. When I did so, they backed off on the extra deposit demands (for me at least). I tossed around the terms "specific performance" liberally. That seemed to do the trick for now, but I have my eye on them.

In the mean time, things look much brighter for me in WV. I may have my car from them on 7/26. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a VIn this week. That's what they've told me should happen. Assuming it does, I will sleep a bit easier. If all goes well, I'll visit the Columbus dealer in my new BC, and cancel the order (and collect my initial deposit). :p

Glenn

10. aknee87

aknee87 Junior Member

Re: I haven't gptten any letters...

Gordon...at the end of March, I put down deposits on a Silver #9 at three different dealerships in the area...Toyota of Santa Cruz, Stevens Creek Toyota and Gilroy Toyota. Two weeks later Gilroy had one for me at MSRP and I picked it up on April 15th. Don't know why I lucked out so (I think the Silver #9 had something to do with it 'because that's what was most available), but you might want to check 'em out. And yes, I got my deposits back from the other two. 8)

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i for one am not surprised at the letter writing campaign by Toyota.

Toyota prides itself as a company that is customer-centric. i think they realize that its their customer service along with quality workmanship that has made Toyota the #1 automobile maker in the world. (ok technically GM is #1 but lets face it, GM is going down!!! after all, Toyotas profits last year were MORE THAN DOUBLE the profits of GM AND FORD COMBINED)

so having so many frustrated customers is painful to them. Although the time that people are willing to wait for a Prius speaks volumes as to customer loyalty and brand confidence. Toyota wants to reward our patience by at least letting the customer know that they have not been forgotten.