1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone buy using AAA Autoclub?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mara, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Mara

Mara New Member

Has anyone bought a Prius using the Automobile Club of Southern California referral program? A lady at our credit union said it was the best way to buy a new car, but many dealerships exempted the Prius, for some reason. The one salesperson I was refered to and contacted was too busy to talk, didn't call back.
    It was disappointing to hear that Toyota was discontinuing the Package 4 with the Vehicle Stability Control. I really don't want or need all the other stuff in Package 7, but the safety plus of VSC seems important.

2. moolman

moolman Member

The prius is exempt but someone mentioned that they got $400 off the prius at norwalk toyota for being a AAA member.

Living in Los Angeles, you'll never need VSC, maybe if you took a trip to Big Bear and hit a patch of ice. But realistically, you don't see cars here getting into accidents because they don't have VSC. VSC is more useful in places that snow but if you must have it, might as well get it.

Alex

3. frankie_delaware

frankie_delaware Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  5. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I disagree with the comment above on VSC. It can maintain your vehicle stability under a variety of situations, not just snow or ice. Plus, we do get rain in SoCal which is particularly treacherous after months of none. See the following link for the benefits of VSC -- significantly reduced accident risk. It can be a real life saver: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/stab...y_control2.html

Regardless, you should consider ordering a package 6 if you don't want a #7. I wanted to get some of the bells and whistles, but most importantly VSC. But I didn't want to pay for Nav. You can order a #6 from some dealers in SoCal. That's what I did.