1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else from Puerto Rico?

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by JaviNOS, Jul 23, 2007.

1. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hey! anyone else from PR? hope not... it feels lonely here haha :D
    anyway let me know

2. exito3

exito3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JaviNOS @ Jul 23 2007, 01:06 AM) [snapback]483478[/snapback]</div>

Wepa!!! Hey! My Prius looks just like yours... Keep in touch, BTW I will like to have more info of Prius owners here in PR and where we can get tech support without getting ripped

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am originally from PR but moved to the US a while ago. Do you know why the highest packages are not available in PR? My theory is that navigation is not available for PR.

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    There used to be a couple of Boricuas in the Yahoo Prius groups, but not sure about now.

5. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hey nice to see some PRicans here! thought I was alone...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exito3 @ Aug 21 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]499699[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, then you have a nice looking Prius haha... Yes, we do get ripped sometimes.. mostly because of shipping but... its getting less expensive I think I have a few mods and none bought here in PR... all from either the PriusChat shop or from Carson Toyota.

Do you have any mods? Or any questions let me know or msg me...
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 21 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]499709[/snapback]</div>
    I guess it must be that... I heard from a friend computer engineer that the mapping for PR is available I guess it must be something else... He told me that currently its not possible for some reason I dont remember but it should get here in the next year or two (kinda long time to wait).

It must really suck when you have the highest package for a Lexus or a BMW or MB and no Nav... they instead put a different audio system with a CD changer and a cassette player(--dont know why a cassette).

6. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    PR is a beautiful visit for Canadians, a very decent choice to other Caribbean destinations.

Two years ago in March. Rented a condo in Loiza for a week, east of San Juan. Of course I had to visit the worlds largest radio telescope at Aricebo, the spectacular underground caves near there - 3rd largest in the world.

The best was visiting San Juan, the mountains south of Rio Grande, shopping Tax Free at Fajardo, the Bio Bay trip at night.

Being French, it was nice to understand/be understood better than English in some parts - as long as they talked slowly.

Which brings me to the last thing I loved about PR - it's people. Not the rich, or those paid to cater to the tourists. The regular folk, working, non-working. Very nice to us.

For sure there's gated communities and individual homes, like in all the island communities. That I wasn't used to - people living in self-induced prisons - you just don't have that - anywhere - up north here.

Other things I liked was I felt safe driving around - impossible in Cuba, downright suicidal in Jamaica / Haiti / Dominican Republic.

To me, it's one of those places, for an adventure vacation, that I will revisit a few more times.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't live there but.... I own a Prius and my boss/ close friend is PR, I listen to Wisin y Yendel and I think the women of PR are gorgeous! Does that count? :lol:

Welcome to PC!

8. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mark Derail @ Sep 6 2007, 12:07 AM) [snapback]507762[/snapback]</div>

thank you for the very nice things said about our island...
    it is a beautiful place to live in... and visit... every town has a different story and exciting place to be in...

take care :)

9. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey! Would anyone from PR like to meet and showoff your ride? Ask about upgrades or mods... or just compare rides.. Let me know to see if we can work something out and start a new movement here in PR...

I just saw today a Prius that looked like a twin of mine.. just needed the sharfin and I think it was running on stock suspension... I wanted to stop him and ask but.. He was driving too fast and I was with my girl so no speeding for me :(

10. puertoricopirateprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I bought my 2007 Prius in Santa Rosa, CA last year. Drove it to Orlando FL and had it shipped to Puerto Rico, where I now reside....

I found Priuschat.com when I was searching for information on whether I could get puerto rician maps for my factory nav system? Transplants like myself have a real need....

Does anyone know what's the deal?

r,
    pirateprius

11. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I dont know whats wrong here with that... I've seen a few cars with portable Nav systems on their dash so I guess mapping is working. If I remember correctly I read that Hertz rental added PR mapping to their cars here with attractions and all that.. you may want to check a local Toyota dealer or maybe even Hertz... good luck with that

12. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

What!?!
    Can you say spam???:rolleyes: