1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else have a window fogging issue?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by steevr, Jan 20, 2009.

1. steevr

steevr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Whenever the temp is below freezing and I've driven the car for awhile and then park my car to go into a store,etc., when I come out, the inside of all the windows are always fogged. We own two Lexus's, both with the Toyota Auto Climate control and never have this issue. Has anyone else experienced this with their Prius?

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Nope, never here in Minnesota. Of course, I don't use the recirculate feature. Do you? Moisture from your own breathing will build up if fresh air from outside isn't brought into the cabin.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    +1
    I love the power of the Prius defrost, even in our ol' antique 2004. Best I've ever had.

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Set it on Auto, make sure the A/C compressor is enabled, and outside air is selected.

Tom

5. effwitt

effwitt Paparazzi Magnet

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If I'm driving alone in the winter, I roll the passenger-side windows down a few inches during the last minute or so to exchange the dryer outside air with the more humid air inside the car. This reduces freezing on the inside of the windows while you're parked.

6. Prius_SGP

Prius_SGP New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I also have had this problem a few times. I agree with QBEE42 and Effwitt. Using the outside air intake and when necessarry opening the passenger widows a little does help alot.

I've found that this generally only happens when the temp is just on the cusp of freezing and and hitting - figures(°C). As mentioned above try to resist recirculating the air, I managed to freeze the inside of the windshield once by forgetting to switch off the recirc......

7. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, I've not had this problem. I'll play with the air recirculating system and try to duplicate.
    The suggestions about fresh air etc seem sound.

8. The Ericsons

The Ericsons New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have always had a problem with window fogging in the 2010, especially at the driver's side corner around to the side window. Bought the car in November before the temperature was very cold and have continued to have the problem no matter the temp outside. We never encountered it in our 2005, so there must have been some changes made to the configuration of the system. Have tried all modes and still have to periodically open the window (COLD in ILLINOIS in the WINTER!) to clear it. Passenger needs a blanket. Miserable and frustrating problem.

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With outside air on all the time it still fogs? Sounds like a fault with the air system. Have it fixed under warranty.

As for the rest, next time take a test drive before buying :_>

10. cmikel

cmikel New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone tried Fog-X on their window? I'm not sure how often you have to apply it but it has worked for me on other cars. I have not had my Prius long enough to see if fogging is going to be an issue but I know the Fog-X product is inexpensive.

11. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    BUMP .. the last post

12. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My windows fog up now and then but both front and rear defroster/fogger seem to work very quickly.

13. comatoes

comatoes #GreenLife

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I cleaned the inside of my windows with Windex and I replaced the cabin air filter (which was extremely dirty) and now my windows don't seem to fog up as much. I also applied Rain-X to the outer windows, but I don't think that contributes.