1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Else Have the Following Car Registration Problem?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cycledrum, Aug 25, 2009.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Early June this year, I get a registration renewal letter for my Prius from the CA DMV (with a $97 increase but that's not the problem) ...

trouble is, someone else's name and a leasing company are attached to my home address on the renewal form, car VIN # is correct on the letter.

Arrgh!

I bought the car Aug.27 2008. Early Septemeber, the DMV sent license plates, tag and registration with my correct name on the Registration.

So, I'm fooled for 9 months. Somewhere in that time, someone screwed up the names on the Registration, and apparently the title too (which is with the lienholder).

---------------
    I paid the $351 Reg fee at DMV, got a 2010 sticker on 6/29/09. Also on previous visit, had to have the car's ID tags looked over by a DMV inspector. Went a 3rd time to get a 2 month temp operating permit through October '09, so 3 visits to DMV so far.

Almost 2 months later, still no correct registration sent to me.

On 8/28, I'll need to start carrying copies of payment of fee, temp operating permit and the original bungled up renewal letter.

I wonder how long it will take for them to sort this out.

Oh brother...

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Good luck man.

1 person likes this.
  3. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Lienholder Wachovia title dept. says it's a DMV error, so we're waiting on the DMV to correct.

After 2 months and 2 more weeks, DMV will send a letter of intent to correct.

Cool.