1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else having trouble setting up digital key or connect services?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Blizzard_Persona, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I am having a heck of a time setting up my Digital services and more importantly my digital key! Anyone else have if this issue or know what to do?

The Toyota app was downloaded at the dealership with my salesman in the car. We also connected my phone through Bluetooth (IPhone 13 Pro Max). We went through the process of scanning the QR code on the screen, and he told me that it could take up to 24 hours to activate everything. But as you can see below, it’s saying everything’s activated but the digital key, and the options to start/unlock/lock the vehicle are nowhere to be seen on the app at all. As you can see, it’s still showing me the activate screen, I tried twice more today (QR code, check email, confirm acct, etc) and every time it seems to work, but it reverts back to the activate screen.

I called the salesman back and he instructed me to push the SOS button and talk to customer service. I did that and started a case with them which was escalated with no timeframe as to when it would be rectified, but they thought probably a couple days maybe sooner, the customer service guy said there is an issue with my account, but would not tell me or did not know what it was, but just that it had to get escalated.

I also found a screen where it said there was an issue with my Wi-Fi connection and to contact AT&T. I did that just now and learned that there’s a 30 day free trial. You just have to go to the website and put your basic information in and the Vin number and you get 30 days of 3 GB Wi-Fi hotspot. But it’s my understanding that the AT&T hotspot is not necessary for any of the other features and you can just use your regular provider (T-mobile for me). I could be wrong, maybe it is necessary??

I kind of really want to make sure the digital key is set up ASAP in case something happens to my key fob since we only have one key for the forseeable future… like I said Toyota is supposed to get back with me, but my confidence in that happening is low and was wondering if anyone else had this issue and knows what it could be.

IMG_6558.jpeg IMG_6559.png

2. thnok

thnok Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
  3. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    UPDATE (issue resolved) SEE BELOW…

So the toyota advanced rep actually called me back and instructed me to push the SOS button again and to ask them to connect my services and told me to disconnect Bluetooth as well so that can happen.

I did just that.

But,

The SOS rep said he could not do it over the SOS call, but offered to call me back. He did call me right back and walked me through the whole process again.

I ended up having to delete my whole account and re register everything which actually worked this time. There must have been a glitch or something during the initial install.

To the fellas asking about the activate button… it would have me confirm my info via an email with a passcode.. I tried this more than a few times. Never worked.

All good now.

#3 Blizzard_Persona, Sep 16, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2023