1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else looking for a pkg #2 '06?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Jack 06, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I think I've surveyed every "region". I know #2's not a "hot item", but should they be unavailable in almost half the country?

You can get a #2 in TX, but instead of the Toyota price of $825, they add a Homelink to it and charge $910. You can get one as far West as El Paso.

In the East, only "Central Atlantic" states have them (outside of the infamous SE).

2. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

How did you get this information? I have four or five dealerships in Florida telling me they don't know any information yet about '06 allocations. And just curious what is "infamous" about SE Toyota... I have my own ideas, but curious what others think.

I, too, am looking for an option #2 '06. And I don't care if I do have to buy it in a different state, I guess. Does it work to save money by buying in a low (or no) sales tax state? Or do I wind up paying the sales tax in the state where I eventually register it?

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

To take the last first, you pay sales tax (at your friendly local DMV) in the state where you reside. The dealer in the state where you buy will provide you with a temporary paper "license" (20-30 days).

Last night I plugged ZIP codes into the "build your own" thing from each city at the center of a "region". Knowing VA is in "Central Atlantic", I just looked up a ZIP for Arlington. The buildatoyota showed #2 available. Also in Boston (+ area).

I'm in CA. I put in ZIPs working eastward. Finally hit #2s in St. Louis. Worked farther west to KC. Still good. Worked farther west to Topeka, KS. Still good. Then went up to N. Platte, NE, as the city farthest west where I thought there might be a dealer. Same for TX: found #2s in Dallas, worked west to El Paso.

I noticed they haven't set up the SE region pricing apparatus yet. But SE is notorious for loading up their cars with "paint sealant", "upholstery protectant", etc. packages and the like---mandatory---for around $700-900.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

5. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

Thanks for the sales tax answer. As far as SE Toyota Allocations, I think they are a little behind. Every dealer I have spoken with now knows the packages (that I knew over a month ago) but has no idea what their allocation looks like. And, like you said, the www.toyota.com website does not allow you yet to "build" a 2006 at all. Still hoping I can get a 2006 #2 in Florida. But it may be a vain hope. Where does the "Central Atlantic" start? Any recommendations for a dealer in that region that will do MSRP or less?

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I believe it starts with VA. I don't live there any more, have just read posts by those who bought at MSRP but didn't name dealer. I'd look in Roanoke, Lynchburg, Petersburg, Charlottesville and Richmond. If you need to look only in or near a city that has an airport, then Alexandria or Richmond. Maybe Norfolk.