1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else notice more Prius' when...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by seasidetraveler, Dec 30, 2005.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just curious if I am just imagining it- but does anyone else notice that while NOT driving their Prius (while driving a non-hybrid) there seems to be Prius' EVERYWHERE?
    Again I was driving my truck today, and there seemed to be Prius' coming out of the woodworks!! They were everywhere!! :lol:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it's annoying. You wanna wave until you realise you're not in your Prius

3. 200Volts

200Volts Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's called your reticular activator. Once you know about something your brain will conciously notice it more often then before. Don't worry about it until you find out about the black Hummers (used to be black helicopters) and what they're up to.......

4. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Wow...I didn't know about this testicular activator before.... :D

But yes, every other car I see is a Prius when I'm NOT in our Prius!

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Every frickin' time I drive my wife's minivan or my Expedition I see them everywhere!! B/w that and the fact that every other Prius driver out there seems completely oblivious to the fact that I'm in a Prius it gets pretty annoying out there.

I bet, in my Prius, I get a wave back 1 in 20 times I wave at another Prius....I do better with non-Prius cars.

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

But see, you've all alrady figured it out. When you drie the Prius, you don't see many of them. When you're driving another car, you see lot's of 'em. The Prius has a built in claking device which renders it invisible to other Prius drivers. That's why you don't get any response!

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I haven't driven anything other than my Prius since I got it in July, so can't comment. But I started to see them more when I actually bought my car. I simply didn't pay attention before.

8. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes I always waive when I am in my Prius, and nobody else seems to look out for other Prius', so I am left waiving, then I look at other cars and people are wondering WHY I am waiving LOL

But yes, I seem to see more when not in my Prius, and I always want to waive, but then they will wonder why someone in a gas guzzler is waiving at them haha..

I was at Costco last night, and as I was heading to the truck, I passed a lady loading up her Prius, so I asked her how she liked it ( I always have to ask) and she said, "I LOVE IT", and then I told her that I have one too and love it- then she saw me get in my truck- haha! I felt kinda lame...

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I never noticed the Prius before, until around August of this year, when my interest in them suddenly emerged. Now they're EVERYwhere. I see on average 10 a day on my 14-15 mile commute (one way) to and from work every day, or even just running errands. There tends to be 2-3 in every parking lot I enter. I continually keep a "Prius sighting" count every day for how many I see out and about (Gen 1 and 2).

10. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh yea, in LA they are EVERYWHERE! When I go visit there, as I do often, I get kinda overwhelmed! It actually makes it seem less interesting, like they are just a Camry- everyone has one! And I am not trying to be mean at all, but it seems that the Gen 1 folks are never friendly towards the Gen 2 folks! I have yet to have a Gen 1 owner acknowledge me on the rd! I have even been next to one at a gas station, and they lady wouldn't even look at me! HAHA

Can't we all just get along???

11. MNPrius

MNPrius New Member

I do wave and I'm sure I look ridiculous. However, I am curious about one Prius, its is one just down the street from me and it always seems to be in the driveway -- poor Prius, I don't think it ever gets to go anywhere :(