1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone else waiting for new Sony Ericsson s710a?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Brian, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have been waiting for the release of this phone since Oct. They said it was due to be released in December for Cingular, but every time I go into my Cingular dealer, they don't know anything about when its due in.
    Its amazing. Has a 1.3 mega pixel camera for images and video, mp3 player, sony duo media card port for more memory, and 3D graphics.
    Sony Ericsson s710a
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/images/sony_s710amm.jpg

2. bobme

bobme New Member

It seems to have just cleared the FCC on December 14th. Hopefully Cingular will have it RSN. Looks like a great phone - I want the EDGE capability. I briefly tried out a Motorola V551 with EDGE and got a download speed of 127kbps. Not too bad.

Bob

3. brosnan

brosnan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just picked up a Sony Ericsson S710a at Cingular . It seems to have the same Bluetooth capabilities in the 2004 Prius (#9) as the T610. You can make and answer calls via BT. Only the phone (not the car) rings. Incoming # is shown on the MFD. You can transfer contacts from the phone to the car (I only tried a single one, but probably the send all option also works). Only the first phone# of each entry is transferred.

4. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I still have to wait until May to be out of my Verizon contract, so they have time to fix it.

So far, every Bluetooth phone at Cingular has some issues, but since I found out I'll get the same corporate discount at Cingular that I do at Verizon, I'll be OK with the switch. Since I hardly ever have the phone ring in the car anymore and only seem to get messages, I don't think I'll have any decrease in reception...