1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone File a Claim Under this Site's EW?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by berryman, Apr 8, 2006.

1. berryman

berryman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm thinking about buying the Prius EW offered on this site. I was wondering if anyone has had ocassion to process a claim on their Prius under this EW. Based on comments I've read elsewhere on the forum, I'm concerned that they might insist that all maintenace records will have to be absolutely perfect before they'll honor the claim.

Anyone out there with experiences - good or bad?

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The warrantee advertised on this site is just the standard Toyota extended warrantee, offered at a discount by a Toyota Dealer.

Every warrantee will require that you keep records detailing that you performed all required maintenance. That's to be expected. If your engine blew up at 35K miles, and you couldn't produce records showing you changed the oil as required, even your original base warrantee coverage might be in jeapordy.

The question is, do you think a Toyota Brand warrantee is any better or worse than a 3rd party warrantee?

In general, it seems there are less issues with the Toyota Corporate warrantee when it comes time for claims, and that might wind up being magnified when dealing with hybrid complexity. But, only time will tell.