1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone get the dash cam to talk to your smart phone?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Nntw, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    This is what comes of buying genuine Toyota parts instead of cheap offshore h/w.

Instructions for setting up the dash cam are wrong- use the serial # of the unit instead 0f 1234567890.

The iphone s/w expects me to press some sort of wifi button on the dashcam- well, there isn’t one on the current model.

So my iphone will eventually find the dash cam… but then the iphone s/w does nothing and won’t connect to it.

Pretty sure I’m not missing something….

Suggestions would be appreciated (*other than removing and returning the cam)

2. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    the above is a current dashcam; the iphone app expects a dash cam with a button to sync to your phone... think like this one... old dashcam.JPG

4. Nntw

Nntw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    correct dash cam app.JPG The newer dash cams require

Toyota dash cam viewer

to work wirh iphones

thanks Sarge for the tip!

#4 Nntw, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    otatrant likes this.
  5. Leo

Leo Leo

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The DashCam acts as a standalone wi-fi server, and you need to connect to it using wi-fi on your iPhone before you activate the DashCam Viewer. The password for the wi-fi signal is printed on the back of the Dash Cam. After your phone is connected to the Dash Cam, the viewer software should be able to connect.