1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone go to Madison WI for Ron Paul on 3-29 ?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by AllenZ, Mar 27, 2012.

1. AllenZ

AllenZ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I will go there from Chicago. Hope to see some Priuschat members there...

2. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I drove my Prius from NW Florida to WashDC to participated in the "Ron Paul is the choice of the troops march on the White House" this past President's Day and will drive my prius to Tampa to march again.

There are vids on youtube from the WashDC march, but of course no media coverage.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is he still in it?

4. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    he never dropped out. he's just not actively campaigning. supporters are doing all the grunt work for him. RNC rule 38 states that winner take all state delegates are not bound to vote for the candidates that they are delegates for, basically freeing them to vote their candidate choice. I truly believe that many paul supporters are sitting in delegate positions for newt, rick, and mitt. ron can still win it. do not believe what the media is telling you. the media knows no more than you or i do. we will find out what happens in 2 more weeks. i'll be there!!!

5. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ron Paul will be speaking at the Sun Dome in tampa on August 26, along with other speakers, maybe even Gary Johnson. Aimee Allen, Jordan Page, and the Blues Traveller front man will be performing, all in the Sun Dome. Entrance is free, but you must reserve a ticket and show ID with it upon entrance. I believe you can find the website to reserve your ticket via the Ron Paul campaign website.

6. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    check out www.ridesforronpaul.com to show your support and possibly help others get there who have no transportation. i will be taking my prius, but if i find more people that need rides in my area or on the way, i will be taking my brother's honda pilot instead. All my Ron Paul stuff on my car are magnets so i'll just transfer them to the Pilot if i drive it instead. If you are in any way considering going to tampa, please please please sign up on the ridesforronpaul site. we need as many people as possible down in tampa to help sway undecided delegates to vote for ron paul. for the sake of the future of this country and people, this is a huge event that could determine if we get RP as the nominee or not.
    there are two festivals taking place before the week of the convention
    1. libertyfest
    2. paulfest

during the week of the convention, there is a festival scheduled to take place called campfest to take place at the libertycamp camp grounds, which is linked on the rideforronpaul website.

7. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    check out www.ridesforronpaul.com to show your support and possibly help others get there who have no transportation. i will be taking my prius, but if i find more people that need rides in my area or on the way, i will be taking my brother's honda pilot instead. All my Ron Paul stuff on my car are magnets so i'll just transfer them to the Pilot if i drive it instead. If you are in any way considering going to tampa, please please please sign up on the ridesforronpaul site. we need as many people as possible down in tampa to help sway undecided delegates to vote for ron paul. for the sake of the future of this country and people, this is a huge event that could determine if we get RP as the nominee or not.
    there are two festivals taking place before the week of the convention
    1. libertyfest
    2. paulfest

during the week of the convention, there is a festival scheduled to take place called campfest to take place at the libertycamp camp grounds, which is linked on the rideforronpaul website.

8. fwbrc51

fwbrc51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am a veteran who will be marching with other veterans (16 miles) in support of Ron Paul. the last veteran's march that took place was this past President's Day in Washington DC. I was one of the veterans marching that day. before the first step was taken, i heard a count of 8 X 63, which equals just over 500. from what i heard, there were also anywhere from 1500-2000 civilian supporters following behind. obviously i could not see how big the civilian crowd was. that was the turn out with only 2 months planning after announcement and very little adverting. Us veterans held an 8 minute salute and a 22 minute parade rest prayer, each second to represent a life lost, either by KIA or suicide of veterans while Obama has been in office. This took place right in front of the white house with our backs facing it. What a huge message.

There is a 6 month stretch between President's Day and the Tampa RNC event. Many more veterans will have learned about the upcoming march, and many other liberty supporters will be there, some coming in from other countries, and i'm not specifically speaking about only Canada, which was even represented at the DC march. There are many liberty minded people in all countries who support Paul and will be there for the pre-RNC weekend and RNC week.

This time a more effective website tool was organized in order go give internet users a way to network among themselves and form carpools to cut down expenses for their Tampa trip. the ridesforronpaul site also has an option for people to host travellers to/from and while in tampa, should those home owners not be able to go. Lots of people have time to go or can find time, but $ tends to be the final deciding factor to make or break a trip. The ridesforronpaul site gives these folks the opportunity to possibly save some money by networking with other travellers or find hosts to stay with while on the way to and from tampa or while in tampa.

massparanoia likes this.