1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

anyone got any suggestions for Gen 2 suspension bushing kits?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ianmeister, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Ianmeister

Ianmeister Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    After 250K miles in the dessert the rubber is looking mighty worn. what say you? anyone?

Ian

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Decades ago I saw "suspension rebuild" kits in the JC Whitney catalogs. Now I just order whatever parts I need individually- OE if I can or maybe Moog if I can't.

Usually I try to figure out the cause of any noises before replacing things. Sway bar bushings and links can rattle a bunch. Stand next to the driver's door and push/pull the top edge of the door and roof (door closed) to get the car rocking sideways. If there's a sway bar problem it'll show up then.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  3. BuyJapanese

BuyJapanese Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    imo most suspension components don't need to be as finely machined as a lot of other parts...I would just use whatever has a kit at a good price with good reviews from moog/dorman/detroit axle or whatever. And because of the cost and hassle of taking parts to a machine shop to have bushings pressed in and out, I almost always just replace the whole component. EG replace the whole control arm when you need a new bushing on that. And since this means alignment anyway, you might as well replace both sides at once.

Ianmeister likes this.