1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone had computer replaced?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by inventor00, Feb 22, 2004.

1. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anyone had the main computer replaced?

Silver 04 #9

2. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think there's only been one or two. I think one was a defective unit, and one fried when the dealer applied the service update that was required for some earlier models.

Dave

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I am the next defective one. Will post when complete later this week.

Sad story- took a long time to complete. Replaced 2 computers and other parts in Feb. Fine after that (now August).

Hope there are more parts available later.

4. Tom of Syracuse

Tom of Syracuse New Member

Me too

A few months ago (when the notice to bring in the Prius for upgrades came) I was having trouble with starting.

I found out that I was trying to shift gears before the ready light had come on.

During the attempt to upgrade the computer, I was notified that the dealer had to completly replace the computer.

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Not the "Main" Computer, but waiting for a replacement "HV" computer. Hasn't crippled the car. After finding out that it needed replaced we took our Prius for a 1150 mile/ 5 day vacation to the Oregon Coast @ 50.1 MPG overall on the trip.