1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone had dealings with Gosch Toyota in Hemet, CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mwhaley99, Jul 8, 2006.

1. mwhaley99

mwhaley99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Anyone had dealings with Gosch Toyota in Hemet, CA

I ask as I took my car to them to get the steering recall done and to have my windows (which had stopped working) fixed and also to get two mechanical keys cut from my master.

Dropped it off Thurs evening for pickup by me Friday evening after work.

I called them at 2pm and they said they were working on the steering and had not found the issue with the windows and that had miscut one of the keys, but had replaced it from their stock and would try again.

At 4pm I called them and they said that they were still working on the steering and they had fixed the window issue, it was the main connection block for them that had come out. They also mentioned that they had managed to miscut the remaining keys and had none left in stock, so they would order some and I will have to go back to get them cut.

I picked up the car at 5:30pm, they close at 6pm and are not open for Prius's on Saturdays.

I noticed on my drive home that the steering wheel does not line up straight when you are driving in a straight line.... :angry:

So my point is......

Why did it take them all day to check (what I believe is the first thing they should have checked) to realise that they main connection for the windows was disconnected :huh:

How did they manage to burn 3 keys :blink:

Why didnt they check that the steering wheel lined up with the wheels ;)

So, has anyone else had dealings/issues with them ?

2. mwhaley99

mwhaley99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The saga continues....

Well I took the car back for them to align the steering wheel and to see if they had got some more replacement keys in so they could make my copies.....

They burned 2 more keys and then sent someone out to two other dealers to return later that day with more keys and they said they would cut one by VIN which WOULD WORK FOR SURE.....they didn't.

So they are ordering me two more keys and they said I should take them to a locksmith. DOH.

During this time, they fixed my alignment (they said) I left as I did not want to hang around a few more hours whilst they got back with the keys from the other dealers.

Shortly after I left, I noticed my steering was now over to the right (slightly, but enough to annoy me) DOH !

I went back later (that's when they failed again with 2 more keys) and they used laser tracking (or something like that) to align the wheels and steering wheel and this time they got it right !!!!!!

YEAH.....BUT !

They said it was done and waiting for me, went round got in the car in the car park of the service center only to find 2 parts of my car on the passenger seat (which were not there earlier)....so I got my rep (Matt) and he found the dopey guy who does all the Prius work to put them back on.

Looked like the steering column cover and a a/c vent, not sure, but he had them back on in less than a minute...

So what did I learn ?

DON'T GO BACK TO GOSCH TOYOTA IN HEMET !