1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone Have A Custom Audio Deck Installed? Can Ya Post A Pic?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ryanj023, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ryanj023

ryanj023 You Mad?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just purchased an 08', and want to put some slap in the trunk and throw a deck in the cockpit ;).

Just curious as to what other people have done, and how a custom installed deck would look in the car.

I'd appreciate some pics if ya can! Otherwise, feel free to say what ya got and make some suggestions if you'd like. Its been 4 years since I sold my last car with a full system in it. I don't even know what is out there these days. Got to hit Car Toys up I guess!

Thanks!

2. tru.cutru

tru.cutru New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i dont got much time but ill make my own thread later on, here u go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ryanj023

ryanj023 You Mad?

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^ looks good!

surprised it was put in the compartment. i figured it would be put in place of the original deck. did they tell you it had to be placed there, or was that just your preference?

4. tru.cutru

tru.cutru New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    you can put i where the oem radio is, but it would leave a big gap on the bottom. It'll look pretty ugly if you ask me. There are some pictures of priuses like that google it up, I personally dont like it, it looks very unnatural.

5. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    that's a nice idea. for me it would be a let down on one hand because the car came with the 6 disc changer in that slot, which was 500+$ when i bought the car i wanted the dealer to remove the 6 disc and leave the tray empty and take that price on sticker, but they wouldn't do such a thing for me.

that sure looks nice though, it would be nice to get a 7' DVD/MP3 deck in there, and have easy system upgrade potential with digital pre out's to amps. It seems since i dont have JBL system, my base radio offer's very little in the way of adding a amp to feed power to upgrade door speakers.

does anyone know if this can be done on the base factory radio? or would i have to add a new HU like this guy did?