1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have a good photo of Seaside Pearl

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cdavid, Jan 25, 2006.

1. cdavid

cdavid Member

I got a call from a dealer who has a package 8 Seaside Pearl now. (Turned down by another customer). I was waiting for the Red, but if the color is nice, it might be OK. The only picture I've seen in on the Toyota web site, but its not very good and the colors are not necessarily good anyway. No other local dealers have this color to see, and the dealer who called me is a 6 hour drive away.

Will someone post some good photos of their seaside pearl Prius's.

Thanks

2. cdavid

cdavid Member

3. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Well, I am not a car expert. However, my DH has a 2004 Camry and it is "blue". I do not know the "official color". His blue Camry is exceedingly close to the Prius Seaside Pearl. It is a very pretty blue, but that is probably a subjective description. I can email you a photograph of his car, if you want. It is a medium intensity versus light or dark and it has a slight glimmer...not real sparkly nor dull.

We have our order in for Seaside Pearl and it is due in two weeks! I'm so excited!

I was hunting down a Barcelona Red to see in person and called every single dealer in my county. I discovered that the RAV4 also comes in this color. Maybe other Toyota cars come in Seaside Pearl and you could see the color in your area that way?

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Jennifer (I can bearly bare "Rancid" any more---sorry),

Thanks for posting those seaside pics. Juxtaposed, they illustrate perfectly that that color looks different in every degree of light/shade. The middle pic shows how drab it can look (true of many colors except the lightest ones), which started steering me away from seaside and toward driftwood.

For my money, seaside, tideland and the discontinued blue moon pearl are the three most variable Prius colors so far.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  8. gjertsen

gjertsen Junior Member

9. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, but you've got a chrome grill. The true connoisseur will immediately spot the difference...

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    When I was looking to see what the colors looked like, I went around town to spot them (this was in April '05 when they were more scarce). The president of the local Prius Club even drove me around to see what they looked like "in the flesh." The problem (for me at least) was that if my monitor wasn't set right, the color wasn't quite right.

11. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

12. spinjunkie53

spinjunkie53 New Member

I was holding out for Barcelona Red, but, after waiting several months, my dealer told me he had a seaside pearl with grey interior with the option package I wanted. I jumped on it and now i am so enamored of the seaside pearl, i dont miss the barcelona red. go for it!

13. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I can't wait. I actually dreamed I got it last night but then I had to wake up and go to work. :p

14. twocrifasis

twocrifasis New Member

Question, is that what the back of my Prius is going to look like when my two month old twin boys get a bit bigger?

:eek:

15. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like the Barcelona Red because it is so vibrant, but I was concerned that for the same reason, I would eventually get tired of it. The Seaside Pearl is just bright enough in sunlight without being overpowering. I think it is a great color.