1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have a Meijer near them? Want to help me out?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Danny, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I realize that this is a strange request, but I'd appreciate anyone's help if they can provide me with some assistance.

If anyone happens to go into their local Meijer, would you mind looking for the Norelco Spectra 8 series 8883XL electric razor and seeing if it is on clearance? It should be on clearance for $99.00 and then there should be a 50% off razors coupon to bring it down to $49.50.

50% off clearanced razor coupon can be found on the shelf where they hold their weekly flyers.

I realize this is a weird request, but I've been looking to get a new razor and this one is a great deal so I thought I might as well ask :) I'll pay for you to ship it to me, of course.

Thanks everyone!

2. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    None of those stores are in my neck of the woods, sorry.

But before you spend the money on the Norelco check out this razor: Braun Self Cleaning Razor

I bought one of these recently and sure it gives a decent shave but I just love the technology. I've always been too lazy to properly clean and lubricate often enough and too cheap to buy a new shaving head when I needed one. Hence the razor lost effectiveness over time. With the new system it's not an issue. The battery management is pretty cool too. I thought it was well worth the money.

3. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have one of those self-cleaners too...it's a wonderful thing, and I came to it after a lot of searching for the right razor after having to first shave 6 years ago. :mrgreen:

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

Man, do I miss Meijers. Growing up in the midwest, it was a staple. out on the east coast though, they're nowhere to be found.

Also, they always give you philly sandwiches out here when you ask for an italian steak sandwich. Apparently that's a mostly midwestern thing as well.

-m.

5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I lived 150 feet from the first Meijer as a kid! I worked there as a teenager (like all kids in my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan!).

Danny, I'm going back the last week of August. Can you wait that long?

Nate

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I can wait, but don't trouble yourself too much for me.

Thanks all! I'll check out the Braun, but I've always been a Norelco guy so moving from one to the other is a tough move! :)

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow the system looks real cool. how much is it??

i just got a new razor (very cheap though. needed one in a pinch)

but will be looking soon as this one wont last very long. i shave my head all summer so i wear em out fast.

8. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's 150-179, but I don't remember exactly. You don't need to get the whole system, though, and you can get just that razor without the cleaner if you so wish.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i would be interested in the entire package. i too hate to clean the razor all the time despite the fact that it will remain sharper and cut better longer if maintained.

i have to be at work at 5 AM so there are a lot of things i dont do in the morning that i would like to and this would be one of them. to have it done automatically if it saves me even 3 mins of sack time would be worth it.