1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have any luck selling their Prius on one of these forums?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shrevejones, Dec 4, 2007.

1. shrevejones

shrevejones New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Just wondering! I guess I'm just too cheap and hate to spend the money for a cars.com ad. I also tried Craigslist but I've been surprised by not one call.
    Thanks!

2. clayton4115

clayton4115 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    why do you want to sell your prius ?

3. shrevejones

shrevejones New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We really, really love our Prius but we are trying to live on a much tighter budget so the car payment has got to go. :( I just tell myself that someday we'll be able to pay cash for another one!

4. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't have any experience on selling a Prius on these forums (or any car for that matter) but it might help if you posted your craigslist ad here for people to look over and give feedback on. Also, have you checked your asking price against similar models with similar mileage? Have you tried running your ad in local newspapers?

5. shrevejones

shrevejones New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the tips! I am very sure about the price. There are dealers listing the same model with fewer options for higher prices. I guess I just need to get out the ol' crowbar and shell out the money for an ad!!! I guess I could get a link to my craigslist ad but the same info is on the private sales thread already.

Thanks!

6. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A Cars.com add is probably cheaper than another car payment, no? I would suck it up and place an ad. I bought my Prius via a private party Cars.com ad and subsequently sold our Matrix the same way. Craigslist is a great place to pick up a futon or fish tank but a $20k car is a little sketchy. I'm surprised you haven't had offers from guys in Albania who want to send their personal courier with a certified check to pick up the car for them. Common scam with high priced items on Craigslist.