1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone have pics of their weathertech floor mats in their Grey interior prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by joshik, Sep 8, 2013.

1. joshik

joshik New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm looking to get the weathertech premium floor mats for my 2010 prius. I have the grey interior with the grey leather. I'm not sure if i want to go with the black or grey floormats. Anyone have pics of theirs?

2. jeremy j

jeremy j Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is our 2012. No Leather but it is a grey interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CdotK

CdotK Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    i personally would go with black sense there are black accents through out, that way it doesnt show as much dirt and grim.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I own the light gray.
    When clean they look great.
    But I have to agree, I think if I was buying over again, I'd get black. The gray show dirt very easily. If you don't care, or you are willing to be committed to frequent cleaning the gray looks great clean.

Also Weathertech sells a cleaner and protectant. The protectant IMO is a necessary product. It helps the mats repel scuff marks and dirt. It's also designed to not be slippery. So in my opinon be prepared to buy the mats and also the protectant.

5. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Note that the WeatherTech floor liners are not "mats". In fact the factory floor mats will fit perfectly inside the floor liners. I'd suggest sticking with the same color as your carpet so they don't stick out so much. I use a couple small zip ties to secure the factory carpeted mats to the back edge of the liners.

6. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota (for obvious historical reasons and problems) doesn't recommend combining mats or "liners".

You are correct that Weathertech calls them "liners", and I would agree that they act as almost as a second flooring. It's probably more correct to refer to them as liners. But functionally, people use them as "mats".

IMO they are so protective you don't need to combine them with anything else. And zip ties or not I really wouldn't.

ftl likes this.
  7. jeremy j

jeremy j Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We just put our grey ones in last week and they already look pretty dirty. I had a Tacoma with light grey interior and I put in black Weathertechs. They looked fine.

8. joshik

joshik New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    wow! thanks for all the pics/responses. actually, i am getting the weathertech all weather mats... not the liners. although the liners are great at keeping the carpet clean, they are little too hardcore for me. i live in socal so no snow or much rain. i just wanted to keep sand form building up in the carpet since i surf and dive a lot. i have the 4runner w the liners for the hardcore scenarios. :) i think i will be getting the black ones! thanks everyone!

CdotK likes this.
  9. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I've also been known to run with the scissors, would you like to correct me on that as well?
    Being adults, I think we can all decide for ourselves what is appropriate - without input from others.

10. The Electric Me

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Certainly you have the right to do whatever you want. But I think both Toyota and Weathertech recommend against combining mats and liners. They are designed to be used singularly.

Given Toyota's recent problems, I can hardly question the recommendation.

Sure you can decide for yourself what is appropriate. But in a forum asking for opinions? I can give mine as well. Which is combining liners and mats...is a bad idea.

Input from others, is kind of what a forum and threads are all about.

ftl likes this.
  11. LegoManiac

LegoManiac New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just installed OEM black rubber mats in 2007 (Gen 2) grey interior and I think it looks great.

Ordered online from Conicelli Toyota for $35 + $8 shipping.

Attached Files:

12. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yay! Gen 2. Just 2 other gens left to be posted then we’ll have a compilation in a gen 3 forum!!!

amarino likes this.