1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone heard of Xzilon?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by happyjack, Jul 14, 2006.

1. happyjack

happyjack New Member

I'm about to purchase a Classic Silver #8 :D . I really appreciate learning about the pre-paid maintenance and the service agreement offered on this site for much less than the dealer's price. The dealer also gave me a slick brochere for Xzilon, interior and exterior protectant :unsure: , which I'm not inclined to get but thought I'd ask if anyone has any knowledge of it. Is it worthwhile, or a rip-off?
    I'm thrilled about getting a Prius, which I'll be picking up the first week in August, the same time we're getting Roxy, our new Tibetan Terrier puppy :) !

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(happyjack @ Jul 13 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]286070[/snapback]</div>
    Hint: Dealer add-ons are pure profit for them!

You can just as easily pick up protectant for a few dollars from your local auto parts store.

I can tell you that I have the cloth interior, and so far I can't get anything to stain it. I have had a pen leak on it...and a few other things...and everything came out easily with just a little soap and water. It appears to have a protectant on it already.

For the exterior, there are tons of recomendations here on the forum, from Nu Finish polish, to Zaino clay, to waxes...all leaps and bounds better then the "miracle" stuff they try to sell.

Get your car and get out of there as fast as you can. If they are so hot about these products and you are such a good customer ask if they will do them for free for such a great customer who is making them a lot of money purchasing a car with no discounts! Watch them chuckle!

4. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(happyjack @ Jul 13 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]286070[/snapback]</div>
    Don't know about xzilon, but on the service agreement - if this is the extended warranty - you can buy this for up to 3 years or 36k miles. So you might want to wait (what if you sell the car, get in an accident, etc). I plan to get mine shortly before I hit the miles / months limit.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wouldn't bother. See above about dealer add-ons. Likewise pass on the lo-jack, etching, etc.

The interior upholstery cleans remarkably well. I got a spot of tar on the seat and it came out with no staining!

As for the exterior...you're going to have to wash it and eventually wax it. No exterior protectorant lasts forever unless you plan on covering the entire car with 3M clear bra film. I wouldn't recommend that either.

But I would recommend having a 3M clear bra installed on the front hood, bumper, fenders and backs of the mirrors. The hood is a chip magnet.

I would also recommend mats. I also like the cargo nets.

And you might want to buy one of Brian's BT plates. Danny is running a special through Sunday.

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mssmith95 @ Jul 13 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]286075[/snapback]</div>
    A small correction: the only clay associated with Zaino is the initial clay-bar treatment you might have to do to a car with grit in the paint. Zaino sells a clay-bar, but you can get the same thing at most auto stores, it's not magic. Zaino polish, on the other hand, is pretty close to magic.

For protectant, forget the DAP (Dealer's Additional Profit) and look at the available 303 Products. I heartily agree with Godiva about the 3M Clear Paint protection.

7. happyjack

happyjack New Member

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. :)

8. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

you dont want that crap. dont buy it