1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone here get a set of the ExactMats?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by daveleeprius, Nov 30, 2006.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am seriously thinking of getting one of these for the front and back seats. I bought a set of clear plastic mats but they don't cover the whole carpet and I'm already getting a stain on the edge of the driver side carpet by the door. I have the bisque interior so it's pretty easy to see dirt! The dealer installed the Prius carpet kit in our 07 Barcelona Red Base Prius.

I just wanted to know if anyone had these and if they were worth the price. I'll probably get the set with the one piece backseat cover unless someone thinks the separate ones are better. I'm not planning to get the cargo mat as I already have a carpet back there over the original Prius carpet.

Thanks!

Dave

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi Dave

Shortly after I bought my 2004 Prius, I added ExactMats front, rear and cargo to protect the original Prius carpets. I have been pleased with them and transferred them to my new 2007 when I traded the '04 for the '07. I consider them well worth the $$. They fit the Prius carpets perfectly.

Metropolitan Toyota in Ohio has these as well as other Prius accessories. I ordered body side mouldings for my new 2007 just a couple of weeks back. They ship promptly and their prices are fair.

http://toyotapartsnow.com/

3. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks, I placed the order! Looking forward to getting these into the car.

Dave

4. jimklausner

jimklausner Connecticut Yankee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Nov 30 2006, 03:59 PM) [snapback]355897[/snapback]</div>
    Your remarks on the ExactMats encourage me to order both front and rear. I am thinking of getting the package that has the single rear mat that goes over the hump in the floor. Before I do order, I want to convince myself that the ExactMats can protect floors from Connecticut's salt, snow, and slush. Any comments or suggestions on my "thinking?"

Like you, I just ordered body side moldings for my 2007 Prius. This is my first experience with Metropolitan. I am a little concerned because after 4 days, my account still shows N/S (not shipped, I assume), and I have not received any reply to my query about when shipment is likely. Maybe I should have ordered through PriusChat.

Jim

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    For what it's worth.....I have the optional custom mats made by Toyota and which were included as a no-choice option when I bought the car. They clean easily in the bathtub with a little detergent and non-chlorine bleach like Biz. I also bought two sets of cheapie car mats from my local auto parts store, in burgundy, to add some color. By getting two sets, I ended up with two driver's mats with the rubber heel protector, and two passenger side mats, which I use for the back seat. I also have four little mats (the back seat mats from two sets), one of which I used to cover the console arm rest. The cheapie mats bear the brunt of the dirt and abuse, but all the carpets clean up nicely with a nylon bristle brush I keep in the door pocket.

I've never like vinyl, no matter how "clear". I use it at home because my partner makes biodiesel and we have a problem with oil. Vinyl has an antiseptic quality to it and it totally ruins the warm feeling of the carpeting. Just my choice. If you have kids and dogs, or carry lots of people, you'll probably need vinyl.

I have the beige interior as well; it shows dirt quicker than the grey, but has a warmer, less techno feel.

Bob

6. EcoLogix

EcoLogix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ConnecticutYankee @ Dec 4 2006, 08:50 AM) [snapback]357313[/snapback]</div>

-----------------------------------------------
    I ordered front, rear (single full coverage) and cargo mats through Prius Chat and am waiting arrival. Tracking says they will be here 12/11 which would be 8-9 days after order placement; not bad (of course I can't seem to get any information on when the other items - sharkfin antenna & mudguards - will arrive). Will report back on deliver time and performance.

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've got the rear cargo mat in mine and love it, especially for tailgating since I lug a bunch of coolers and chairs with sand and stuff around all Fall.

Haven't tried the sets for the front or rear, but I've heard nothing but great things about them. As far as the Shop goes, things have been great since Nichole came on board. We're working on getting tracking information for all of our products that we can pass along from the distributors/shippers to make the buying experience even more enjoyable.

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/54