1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone here work for a dealership?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by M3R8, Nov 4, 2010.

1. M3R8

M3R8 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Been lurking here for awhile and decided to sign up today. :)

For the dealers in the US, how were your sales on September through October? At the moment, we're using autotrader.com and though we have a decent ROI, it's not satisfying my boss.

Anyone know a better source for getting leads online? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Try Truecar.com or if you're a member USAA... Truecar.com will also give you national sales statistics.

1 person likes this.
  3. M3R8

M3R8 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can you tell me your experience with truecar.com? Have you had any luck with craigslist by the way? I've heard it's a great place to get leads from. I'm also looking to do some SEM but it does take time to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

4. lewi.jacks7

lewi.jacks7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I had a dealer license and sold cars part time on the side, nothing beat Craigslist for leads. Probably about 80% of my cars sold through Craigslist. Even when the buyer came through somewhere else, I had other CL leads lined up. I now work for a company that specializes in generating leads from several sources including CL. If you want more info, I'd be happy to assist you.

Ebay was second, but the cars rarely sold through the auction itself. What it did was advertise the car and get me leads on the side.

Autotrader was dead last. No cars sold, barely any phone calls at all. And by far the most expensive. They've done a horrible job of adapting to modern times.

Of course, YMMV. I was an independent dealer selling lower end transportation and entry-level luxury cars to Joe Citizen. My marketing and demographics was much different than the typical franchise dealer.

5. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I found my Prius through a dealer cl post