1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone in Dallas/Plano area? (or anywhere for that matter)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gracetaylor, May 10, 2006.

1. gracetaylor

gracetaylor New Member

I'm in Plano Texas and I'm looking for advice on a good insurance company that gives a discount if you have both homeowner's and auto insurance through them. My husband and I have no wrecks, no tickets and have filed no claims in years. Our main issues are as follows:

1) We don't really know what coverage is important to get for auto (we have 3 cars.).

2) We don't know what coverage is important to get for home.

3) We want the most affordable insurace premium possible, (of course!)

4) We want a company that will pay us if something goes wrong...reliable and affordable are the 2 keys here.

5) We would like a company that gives additional discounts for hybrids if possible.

Any advice given would be most appreciated. :D

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    State Farm gives those discounts. Geico may have lower rates depending on your situation. The state of Texas has minimum requirements for auto insurance. (Come to think, the state also sells that minimum auto insurance at a very low rate.) For more advice on the amounts of insurance to buy I suggest visiting the library and reading Consumer Reports articles on the subject.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D HI dutch in Dallas...

We've had our Prius for 18 months and have been with State Farm for about 20 years with super service and excellent, fast responses when needed.

If you're interested, Call JIM COLLINS - 11807 Preston Road - Dallas TX 75230 - 214-349-7455. You can tell hom that Pat and Charles Suitt recommended him.

We have had at one time as many as 4 autos, house, condo, fine art & pianos with Jim.

P.S. - We had a "Prius Meetup Group" in Dallas until about 6 months ago when the national organization required a $75.00 fee every 3 months to retain us on its system... then the "Organizer" would have to try to collect from all attendees, so he gave it up. I now note that PriusChat has provided an "RSVP" communication facility which could help restore the older meetup group and let us meet other Prius owners. We have had as many as ~24 attendees with ~14 Prius and one Highlander hybrid attend. It was quite a sight to see all those Prii parked in a row. We had been meeting either Saturday or Sunday afternoons at various restaurant locations. Maybe we can get another such group going. I notice more and more Prii on Dallas streets.

Charles Suitt

4. gracetaylor

gracetaylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 10 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]252771[/snapback]</div>

Charles,

Would love to get in that group if you get it going again. Just waiting on my new Prius to be delivered. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ May 10 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]252771[/snapback]</div>

BTW, just called Jim Collins for a quote. Thanks. :D

5. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Charles-
    Keep me in mind if you get the group going again.
    Tony in McKinney