1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone in San Diego have the SSC 40D done yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mcbrunnhilde, Jun 3, 2004.

1. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I haven't gotten a letter, but I called Toyota and they said my car needed the 40D update. I really hate to be a guinea pig, so I'm wondering if anyone in San Diego has had this done already and where you got it serviced. One bright spot is that I asked the Toyota rep if there were a TSB to the dealers like there had been for the 40A (to update their computers before performing the service), and he said that there were no TSBs related to SSC 40D. I hope that lessens the possibility that things will get screwed up!

Thanks a bunch!!

2. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    yeah, i wanna know too, who can we trust???

3. Sev

Sev Junior Member

SSC 40D work done in San Diego

Two of our members have had the SSC 40D done at Kearny MEsa Toyota and reported the work was done quickly (1 hour 15 min) and without incident. Two others had it done at Toyota of San Diego with equally good results. No other dealers reported on for this work.

Sev,
    from the survey of service I'm compiling

4. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, Sev! I believe the letter comes with an update sticker, so I think I'll wait until I get that before getting the update.

Pat

5. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had to get the 5000 mile service today and asked about the recall. Yep my car needed it so I had it done at Longo Toyota in the LA area. The service manager was surprised that I knew about it. He just heard about it last week.

The only difference I noticed was once I pushed the button to power off and got a message warning me about the battery not being charged in neutral !? Only happened once though.

6. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The sticker is more for dealer paperwork than for your car.