1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone installed door edge guard?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by siliconhybrid, Jul 24, 2007.

1. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have been looking for some good door edge guard. Last week, I opened my door and hit a wall, creating little paint chip on the door edge. My other reason is to avoid a ding to my other car in the garage. Anyone can recommend a good quality door edge guard? Do you have pictures?

No I'm not really interested with the 3M tape that Darell put in his Prius ;)

Googled and I found these, unfortunately my Magnetic Gray color is left out. :angry:
    TRD Parts 4U Linky - $58
    Adell Corp Linky - $99 - 15%off

I saw civic door edge guard sold by Honda. Unfortunately Toyota doesn't have one for Prius.

2. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Go to PepBoys and see what they have. I bought a 25 foot roll of door edge guard for like $15, enough to do two cars. I was lucky they had black, my color. It works very well.

3. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I picked up some pre-cut lengths off the shelf, at the nearby auto shop for about $6 total (I believe it was an Advance Auto Parts store.)
    They had them in 2 or 3 colors, but also clear---since I have a silver Prius, I figured the clear was the best match... I think it is perfect, actually, blending in very well, and I've already had, somewhat surprisingly, someone comment on them in a parking lot!

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have the 3M clear edge guard. Bought it on eBay for like $10. Perfect for my Mag Grey. No pictures since it's clear, there's not much to see.

5. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zenMachine @ Jul 24 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]484459[/snapback]</div>
    You mean this one?

6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Our local Toyota dealers have a clear edge guard- works fine but does kind-of mess up the paint when you have to take off over time.

7. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(siliconhybrid @ Jul 24 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]484472[/snapback]</div>
    Can't remember the seller, but looks like that's the product.

8. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inventor00 @ Jul 24 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]484482[/snapback]</div>
    another reason not to go with tapes.
    I love the civic edge guards, they just fit well without applying any sticky solution.

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, I've ordered the door edge guard, too. :)

10. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    PS... this is the kind I've got; finally got a pic of it (rear door.) The strip was pretty much exactly the right length; I didn't cut them for front or back. I like the "thicker" amount of material on these (vs. say, the tape variety.)
    -C

[attachmentid=10140]

Attached Files:

11. siliconhybrid

siliconhybrid Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the picture. Does it have sticky glue inside the strip or was it just 'clip on'

That looks beautiful & exactly what I was looking for. However, mine is Mag Gray, not sure if it goes nicely with clear strips. I'm thinking of black one.

12. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe there was a thin line of adhesive, in the 'fold' of the strip... can't say for sure.