1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Anyone installed Sony XAV-9500ES?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by talkin73, Mar 24, 2024.

1. talkin73

talkin73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Have been looking at a 10” Kenwood for a long time and just saw this sony model.

I like the glare free screen which still looked very sharp overall.

Also like the right-left adjustability whereas most brands can only do up-down, I believe. Gains me almost an inch additional clearance on left side to reduce blocking push button.

Sony has 3 year warranty whereas Kenwood and alpine have 2. Also a bonus. Similar price to their top end models as well.

One issue is that I’m thinking of an aftermarket backup camera and don’t think Sony makes one so only option is a generic model, I assume?

Anyone install this model? Thoughts on the experience?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I installed a much older Sony XAV-AX100 in our then-new Prius 6 years ago, and it still functions flawlessly. So I'm mostly here to offer moral support.

Sony decks are set up to work with generic aftermarket 12 volt rear vision cameras. I had to go out of my way to adapt ours with a voltage regulator so that it could work with the Toyota 6 volt camera that came on our car.